𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

Today is Ash's birthday, and in remembrance, I decided to write a letter to him.

    Dear Ash,
    Today is your birthday, tomorrow you would've been 27 this year. As always, I'm still older than you and growing older as time continues.

    I hope you are happy up there with Skippero and Shorter. I know you guys will celebrate as well. I also hope you like the gift I put on your grave— the pictures of us and everyone else.

    I'm really missing you these days. I really want to cook dinner for you again, but this time it will be something you enjoy. And I really want to wake you up every morning, though I might just be only who can since everyone else would be too scared to wake you.

    Sometimes I question if I hadn't written you that letter and didn't have you come running to the airport, would you still be here with me to this day? As much as it pains me, I would like to imagine you'd still be here if I hadn't sent that letter. But I don't ever regret meeting you.

    You're my best friend and my soulmate. I love you and no one can fill that place in my heart that's meant for you. I hope, someday, that I can see you again. I really love you and hope you're having a great birthday.

    Sincerely, Eiji

    Every year is exactly the same. I put the gift and letter on top of the grave. I open the plastic box that reveals a small cupcake— the same kind every year. I light the birthday candle and sing happy birthday to him.

    I gently put the cupcake on the grave with a small smile, knowing that Ash is here next to me. And knowing he is missing me as well. I get up and take one last look at the grave, wishing him a happy birthday one last time before walking away. For the first time in a while, I felt happy knowing that Ash would always be looking down on me and protecting me until I am able to reunite with him once again.

[ Hi! So it's Ash's birthday!! and i can't get through this chapter without crying, it's short sorry luvs <3 ]