𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

The Prince's banquet started as lively as expected. The royal ballroom was filled with a vast amount of people leisurely interacting across the dance floor.

A young, black-hair man could be seen walking out of the busy area into the secluded garden. His curiosity leading him to the luminescent lights strung along the pathway.

The man's gaze had drifted from the lights and fell onto a person in the distance with shining blonde hair. Seemingly watching him with an intensity that made his face flush.

This other man wore a pristine white tailored garment adorn with gold and silver. Such an appearance took the black-haired man's breath away.

Not wanting to let go of this chance, the man started to walk up to him. Feeling the confidence extrude from within himself, he began his greeting.

"Hello there, I'm Eiji Okumura. May I ask what your name is?" A simple yet sufficient introduction.

The other man shifted and spoke with peaked interest, "Aslan J. Callenreese, but you can refer to me as Ash."

Eiji almost immediately recognized the familiar name, for who in the nation didn't know of the Crown Prince?

"Well, then Ash, would you care to dance with me? If I'm not being too forward." Eiji courted the Prince and held out his hand in hope the blonde would take it.

Ash looked taken aback for a second but firmly grasped onto Eiji's hand without another thought. "It would be a pleasure."

The two made their way back into the ballroom where a string of orchestra was still ongoing loudly. However, even amidst the noise, the guests found their focus on the center pair.

Prince Ash had taken the lead which surprised Eiji the most, yet it felt natural. His swift and graceful steps were true to his royal lineage.

The rest of the dance felt long and slow as if nothing else mattered between the two. A spark had now ignited into what would grow into a fury of flames.

Finally, the music had stopped but was quickly replaced with an abundance of cheers for the Prince.

It was then the two engaged in simple conversation, trivial things including tastes, interests, and even fears.

Eiji could only subconsciously admit that no other had made him feel this way. Ash was smarter than he had once thought. His intellect almost rivaling his own.

Ash felt carefree when talking to Eiji. Neither forced nor out of ill intent, Eiji was the first approach with pure curiosity. A gesture only someone of goodness could do.

As the night went on both men found comfort in each other's company. However, the feeling couldn't last forever.

The banquet came to an end and as guests one by one said their goodbyes, Ash had pulled Eiji aside.

"I'd love to meet again. If you feel the same way, then maybe we could continue our discussions?" Eiji voiced.

Ash smiled and looked at Eiji then the night sky. "If fate allows it, I'd be honored."

There was a sudden sharp spike in Eiji's chest as he knew what that meant. He wasn't a consort or a titleholder fit for the prince.

Nevertheless, he gave Ash a small smile. "Yes. If fate allows it." The two bid each other goodbye and left to their respective places.

The night didn't feel solemn as that carefree feeling was still heavy in the air. A feeling in which both Ash and Eiji would treasure. Though, they would only come to feel it once for a short time.

[Another chapter done! Hope y'all enjoy the small Royal!AU. Also, sorry about these stories being mainly angst </3 More happy stories to come! - Sora ]