Chapter 13 - Bachelorette

Hermione apparated back home just before she said she'd meet Ginny to find a box sitting outside her front door. The box was fairly wide and there was a note on top. She picked up the note expecting it to be from Ginny and was surprised to learn that it was from Malfoy! 

Granger,

Seeing as you so rudely left earlier, I never got to give you these and propose that we eat breakfast together, so I have left them for you to enjoy. I heard they were your favourite.

Draco.

Hermione was stunned as she picked up the box and took it into the flat. What on earth, was Draco actually being nice to her? She took the lid off the box and gasped, there was a plate of perfect Pixie Berry pancakes kept warm by a neat little charm.  Maybe he's not so bad after all Hermione thought to herself as she tucked in.

She had just finished and changed into a pair of black jeans and a white float blouse when there was a knock on the door. She had barely opened it when she was hit with a wave of witches, happy witches at that. "Surprise!" Said Ginny when she was the last one left on the doorstep, "Happy Bachelorette!" And with that Ginny waltzed in followed by a sheepish Harry and an uncomfortable Ron.

"Ginny, what on earth's going on?" Hermione asked her face confused, "I said a small quiet party, I didn't expect you to invite half our class!"

"Sorry," Ginny replied "I just wanted this to be the best Bachelorette of all time, after all I didn't get one." She continued as she placed down a bottle of champagne onto The dining table, "besides, it's just Luna, the Patel twins, Harry, Ron, my mum, your mum, Cho, oh and a few other people." Ginny said taking the cork off the bottle with her wand.

Hermione sighed. This was going to be a long night.

_________________________________________________________

Draco wasn't doing much better, Nott and Zabini had insisted on taking him out to celebrate instead of allowing Draco to stay at home reading and eating pasta. 

They had just turned the corner of a muggle street when Nott noticed a new muggle club with its music blaring and lights flashing. He was just pulling Draco inside as Zabini pulled up the rear when Draco got a page on his page. "I'm sorry guys, but I need to get back to the hospital." He said, taking his chance to disapparate when Nott had let go of his arm. Nott and Zabini were left on a bachelor party with no bachelor.

Draco rushed in, having magicked into his scrubs, he saw Cho, still dressed up as though she had been out clubbing with the patient. "What's going on?" He asked as neared. This, this was how he wanted to spend his last night as a single man.

_________________________________________________________

Hermione sighed as Ginny pulled her onto the makeshift dance floor in her flat, Cho had left a while ago, apparently there was an emergency. As much as she loved Ginny, Hermione wished that she had an emergency so she could leave and work. She looked around the room, Harry was talking to Luna and Ron in a corner next to the kitchen, the Patel twins and Hermione's mum were on the sofa discussing their upcoming nuptials. Mrs Weasley was in the kitchen cooking her famous apple pie and she saw Fleur and Angelina on the dance floor with Ginny and herself. She loved her friends, but this was all a little much. 

"I need a rest." She told Ginny and she made her way over to Ron, Harry and Luna. Luna, noticing Ginny alone disappeared to go talk to her about crumplenose snorlacks. 

"Well?" Ron said,

"Well what Ronald?" Hermione replied.

"Aren't you going to tell me why I wasn't invited to your wedding tomorrow?"

"It's hardly something to be jealous of, my mum and Molly already seem to be planning a ceremony." Hermione replied, "honestly Ron, you're not ,issuing out on much. Besides, I was only allowed to invite two people and my parents."

Ron just grunted and walked away defeated.

"You should be less hard on him 'Mione." Harry said, "he really misses you."

"I miss him too." Hermione sighed, "just after the way he acted towards Malfoy, I'm not sure it would be the best idea for him to be there when we start our life together."

Harry just nodded, "He needs you Hermione, he has to marry that awful Pansy Parkinson. He's needs some support, he thinks you're pushing him away."

"I am not!" Protested Hermione.

"That's just what he thinks, try to organise a lunch or something with him, he'll be great full I'm sur of it." Harry replied. Noticing Hermione's aggravated face he changed the subject.

But all Hermione could think about was what uncertain doom would lay before her tomorrow? And what on earth was she going to do with a mopey Ron?"