Chapter 21 - Sick

So for some strange reason Chapter 20 and 21 switched over, sorry if that was confusing. I have now corrected this.

A month had passed and Draco and Hermione could positively say that the Marriage Law was the best thing that had ever happened to them. It was a rainy Saturday and the pair was lying in bed talking about the events of the previous few days when Hermione shot up like a bullet and ran through into the bathroom.

"Is everything alright love?" Draco asked, concern creasing his pale skin as he joined Hermione in the bathroom.

"I'm not sure, I think I'm coming down with a stomach bug." Hermione answered breathlessly between spells of sickness.

Draco looked her up and down and was reminded that this had been happening a lot recently.

"Hermione dear, you've been coming down with something for the past week at least. Can you please let me check it out?" He said, pulling out his wand.

"I'm sure I'm fine." Hermione snapped, rising from her position on the floor. "Just stress I think." She couldn't be sick, what about her job and the promotion she was so close to receiving?

Draco frowned, but put his wand away, "I love you." He murmured kissing her forehead as she brushed her teeth.

"And I love you too Draco, how about we go watch a film?" Hermione said changing the subject from her sickness.

"That sounds like a good idea." Draco said, unconvinced of Hermione's well-being. But he let her lead him to the sofa where they proceeded to begin the film in silence.

It hadn't been thirty minutes and Hermione had fallen asleep snuffling softly as her head lay on Draco's lap. Draco knew he had to act quickly, Hermione said she was ok, but he was concerned, he wouldn't forgive himself if something was actually wrong. So he picked her up bridal style and they apparated to St Mungo's.

"Cho! Can you please help me, Hermione's been sick for a couple of days and I just need to know she's ok." Draco called to a startled Cho.

"I'm not sick, it's just stress." Hermione mumbled as she stirred.

"Draco, you better not be wasting my time." Cho said as Draco lay Hermione down on the bench.

"I'm fine!" Hermione grumbled as she sat up.

"Better safe then sorry." Cho said noting how pale Hermione looked, "plus if you're right then Draco won't be able to bother you about it again." She added, making Hermione grin. "Now please lie down."

The exam went on for a while with Cho looking bemused. "There doesn't seem to be anything wrong, but I'd like to test your urine for anything that may not have shown up in the exam." She said finally, passing Hermione a cup. "The bathroom's through there. When you're done pass it to the nurse and you should have results in twenty minutes." She smiled waving Hermione and Draco through the door.

The twenty minutes took longer than Draco and Hermione were expecting and Hermione kept grumbling all the way through that they were fine. The twenty minutes turned into an hour and Hermione was now getting very impatient. "We have to go see Ginny, Harry, Ron and Susan tonight." She moaned. "I wanted to freshen up but now I guess we're just going to have to go straight there." At that she shot Draco her best death stare.

"Mr and Mrs Granger-Malfoy?" A nurse called, and both Draco and Hermione shot out of their seats. "Congratulations to the both of you, Mrs Granger-Malfoy is pregnant."

Draco and Hermione just stood there staring at the nurse in disbelief.