14. 'Poker face.'

*Deaton's POV*

My eyes flickered open like dying light bulbs. My head was pounding whilst numerous areas of my body stung. Slowly, I raised my head, only to see Peter lurking in the dark corners. "How did you find me?" I asked him, keeping my usual poker face. He gave me a wicked grin before speaking. "I am the alpha." I chuckled lightly, causing Peter to give me an evil glare. "Not anymore, Peter. If I'm remembering correctly, correct me if I'm wrong, but your Nephew took that power from you when he sliced your throats open ear to ear after watching you being set on fire. Sound right?"

Peter didn't say anything, he just continued glaring at me. "So, Derek just left you here to babysit me?" Slowly, Peter nodded at me. I'm surprised Derek trusts you enough. Averting my eyes from Peter, I looked around at my surroundings. My hands were tied behind my back and my ankles were tied to the legs of the chair. There were pipes all around me and a strange stench lingering in the air; old, dry and out of place, like a creepy basement.

*Stiles' POV*

My phone ringing startled me. I glanced over at my screen to see that it was Malia calling. I reached over and hung up the phone. The sudden silence calmed me as I looked out at Beacon Hills. I was in my favourite place. PING. It was a text from Malia. "Get to Derek's. ASAP. -Malia." I sighed deeply before rising to my feet, I took one final look at Beacon Hills before climbing into my jeep. With my lights guiding my path, I headed to Derek's loft. 

*Peter's POV*

I heard Deaton's heart increase slightly when my phone sliced the silence. "Pack meeting at Derek's. Hurry. -Malia."  I glanced up form my phone to see Alan staring at me with his usual poker face. "Don't go anywhere. "  I chuckled before leaving.

 I quickly phoned Derek as I made my way to my beautiful car. "Derek, I've had to leave Deaton." A slight sigh caught my attention. "Why?" "There's a pack meeting. They'll expect me there but I'm sure you can be spared." "We need to talk later."  Derek said before hanging up. I glanced back before driving away. 

*Stiles' POV*

 I knocked on the door of Derek's loft. Slowly, it opened, revealing a beautifully structured face belonging to Lydia Martin. "Any idea what this is about, Lydia?" I asked, stepping into the loft. She shook her head and informed me we were only waiting for Peter and Derek. Hmm, it's probably about Deaton. I know how much he means to Scott. Deaton has always been there for Scott, gave him a job and even fed him sometimes, when Melissa was working late.

I walked over to the table. Taking a seat between Malia and Jackson, I looked around at the pack. Allison and Scott were planning their next date; Lydia, Jackson and Ethan were discussing something that I lacked interest in; Issac, Liam and Malia were debating who would make the best president.

Silence took over the room when the door opened. Peter stood in the doorway, a wicked grin plastered on his face. His hair was wet and his clothes looked as though they were sticking to his masculine body. Must be raining. I thought the obvious. Conversations started back up as Peter walked over to the table. He took a seat next to me and slyly put his hand in mine. I grinned at him remembering the last time we were alone together. 

"Is Derek coming?" Liam asked Peter, causing everyone to look at him. Anxiously, I removed my hand from Peter's, not wanting the pack to know about us. If there's even anything between us. Then I remembered how Derek told me to stay away from him. Peter looked at me, confused, but quickly answered Liam's question. "No, he's probably doing something. Let's get started, shall we, Scott?" I stared at my hands, wondering what Derek was up to.

"Some of you..." Scott looked at me with unreadable eyes, but I knew he was mad by his body language. "are aware that Deaton is now missing." Light gasps came from multiple people. Still looking at my hands, I felt as though someone was watching me. I looked around and saw the room change. Instantly, I recognised the location. Eichen House.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it, Stiles?" "I don't know!" The pain, the loneliness, all of it, came rushing back in an instant. Quickly, I scurried away from the monster that stood in front of me. The Nogitsune stepped closer and closer and closer. "Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." I felt hopeless. "What is it, Stiles?" I took a deep breath. "I don't know." I said it calmer this time but I felt the complete opposite of calm.

 I heard a slight noise. Slowly, it grew louder and louder, overpowering the sound of the Nogitsune's voice.  The noise became louder and clearer with every passing second. I looked down at my hands to see them trembling uncontrollably. Slowly, I close my eyes and allowed the tears to fall down my face. "I don't know!" I shouted louder this time. 

 I looked up and saw I was in Derek's loft.  In front of me stood Scott, Malia and Lydia. Holding me in his arms was Peter. He held me close and lightly played with my hair, slowly calming me down.  Everyone looked at me with worried eyes.  Everyone but Scott. His eyes were not his own, but rather angry alpha eyes. "What did you see?" He barked at me, making me flinch slightly. I felt Peter's grip tighten around me.  I looked down to see my hand still shaking rapidly. "What did you see?" Scott shouted. 

A deafening roar silenced the room. I looked up to see Derek staring at us all. "Meeting is over. All of you, out!" Peter and I didn't move, as we basically lived here, but Derek didn't mind. Everyone quickly left, leaving me alone with Peter and Derek. Authoritatively, Derek walked over to Peter and I. That's when Peter released his arms from my waist. "Are you okay now?" I continued watching Derek walk over. "Stiles?" I snapped my head away and nodded slightly. 

Derek put his hand out, and helped me to my feet. Silently, I walked behind Derek with Peter following me.  We all sat down, then Peter put his hand on my thigh. I smiled lightly but that quickly faded when I looked at my phone. Two missed calls from Dad. Great, I'm in trouble. "You okay, Stiles?" Peter asked with worrying eyes. "I'm fine." I sighed. "I should  be back in a few hours. Don't wait up for me." I stood up and quickly rushed out before Peter or Derek had the chance to stop me.