CHAPTER 15

JASMINE'S POV

Day 6 ON THE SHIP

I've been keeping my distance from Mason. I was truly hurt the night he told me no. I know he said he wanted me, but we needed to talk first. I didn't want to talk! I just wanted him to take me! I wanted his mouth on me and his breath in my ear. I wanted to trail my fingers along his shaft and watch his head go back as I put him in my mouth. ARGH!!!

We haven't gotten the chance to talk. Well if I'm honest, we haven't made the time to talk. The day after the rejection, I was making my way to his room so we could disembark from the ship and I saw Stacy outside his door. I watched her knock and when they greeted each other, I could hear the cheer in his voice. She stepped to him and kissed him. I couldn't bear to watch this and attempted a hasty retreat. No such luck. Stacy clung to Mason as he called to me.

“Jasmine! I was just about to call you. Have you spoken to the moms?”

“Hey you two! I did and they said they'd meet us on the Main Level by the elevators.” Stacy continued to press into Mason and he sure didn't seem to mind.

“Let me grab my shades then we can go.” I was left with Stacy.

“Girl, are you excited to hit this beach?” I gave her a smile and nodded in reply. Thank God Mason opened the door before she could say anything else. I didn't want to make small talk with her and I needed to get moving before my discomfort started to show.

He closed the door and said, “Let's get it!” Stacy slipped her hand into Mason's. He looked at me and I saw the question in his eyes. My face went blank and I walked off. I couldn't watch him touching her. My mind went back to their kiss and as it played on a loop in my mind, I felt sick. It's that feeling of when you eat something good so you eat too much and now you feel bloated and uncomfortable and you scold yourself.

OH MY GOD! This must be how Mason felt when he saw me kissing Lance! How could I have been so stupid? I knew he was upset, but this hurts. That's why he was so hot and cold. I didn't want to see him in someone else's arms and if he felt like I felt...no wonder we kept dancing around each other!

We reached the Main Level and found our moms. Once we left the ship, it was so much fun. I blocked out Stacy being with us and all the affection between them. There were times when I'd catch Mason looking at me, but I didn't give in to it. He brought her with us. That was his choice. We spent two days there and had a great time. There was swimming, hiking, jet skiing, swimming with dolphins, bonfires, EVERYTHING!

The fifth day was spent with our moms. We did the spa, massages, a cooking class, a painting class, and were game show contestants. The moms won $1000 from the game. They teamed up against me and Mason. That day was so packed, but worth it.

Today we're going caving and horseback riding in the Dominican Republic and then tonight is the Captain's dinner so everyone will be dressed to the nines.

“You ready to have some fun, Mommy?”

“Yes, baby girl! This trip has been amazing!”

“Yes it has. I've had an awesome time!”

She stepped closer to me and spoke at a lower volume, “And how are things with you and Mason?”

“Honestly, Mommy?” She nodded her head, urging me to continue. “We had a moment some weeks ago and things between us have been heated. Like intense, sexually heated, but we can't seem to get it together. I have Lance, sorta. He knows I have feelings for Mason, but wants me to pick him. Now Mason has Stacy. At least I think he does because she's always around. I don't know if I should try or just throw in the towel.”

“Never known you to give up so easily. Why now?”

“Because us getting together is difficult. I just want to walk up to him and kiss him and tell him I want to make this work.”

“Well, do that!” My mom was right. Why not just do that? We could have whatever conversation we needed to have, but I need to tell him how I feel. Hopefully, he'll say the same. I'm not dumb. I know he feels the same. Our encounter the other day proved it.

As mom and I made it to the Main Level, I saw Mason standing with his mother. Lord, that man was beautiful! Just looking at him made my heart beat faster and my clit ache for him to touch me.

“Go get your man!” She pushed me forward and I half ran to him. I was close, so close to having my best friend be more to me, be the most to me. I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close, but before I reached him, Stacy came out of the store they were standing in front of. I stopped so abruptly, trying to dig my left foot in to keep me grounded. My momentum had another idea and propelled me forward. I was falling and braced for the impact to my face.

“JASMINE!” I heard Mason yell and I don't know how he did it, but he kept my face from hitting the floor...can't say the same for the rest of me. I was so embarrassed!

“Oh my! Jasmine, are you okay?” Stacy asked. I laid there with my eyes closed. Mason was next to me, holding my head in his hands. My hands hurt from the impact. My pride hurt even more.

“Just give me a second.” I whispered this and Mason placed one arm under me to lift me up. He responded to my whisper with one of his own.

“I've got you Jassy. I've always got you.” Mason stood me up and made sure my footing was good. His hands rested on my waist and he looked in my eyes. “You good?”

I gave him an embarrassed smile and I knew my face was red. “I'm fine. Guess my sea legs are sinking!” Mason smirked and I stepped away from him. As soon as I did, Stacy stepped up to him and grabbed his hand, locking their fingers together.

“I'm glad you're not hurt. Do you need a minute?” she asked. Her concern was genuine and made me angry. More so angry at myself than at her. Why was she so nice? It would be easier to dislike her if she wasn't so sweet.

“Nope, let's head on out. Maybe I can slip on a rock in the cave or fall off a horse. We can film it and call them "Cruise Catastrophes". Everyone laughed as we walked off the ship. I caught Mason looking at me. I winked and mouthed that I was fine. He nodded back. I watched him walk ahead with Stacy. She was so enamored with him. The way she clung to him and looked at him. I wanted to be where she was. Looking at Mason, I could see he liked her, but how strong were his feelings? Had I missed my chance?

*****

MASON'S POV

This trip had been phenomenal. The happiness on my mom's face was everything to me. Having Mama Teresa and Jasmine here was icing on the cake. My Jassy. I was looking at her now as she hopped up on her horse. She was talking and laughing with the moms. I couldn't take my eyes off her. It's a good thing Stacy went off with her friends, because she'd be able to see the want in my eyes.

I climbed onto my horse and we all took off down the beach. I half paid attention to the conversation, lost in thought about Stacy and Jasmine. I liked Stacy. At one time, I loved her and wanted to marry her. Seeing her now felt good. Being with her and spending time with her felt good...but Jasmine. Jasmine was always on my mind. Every time Stacy and I touched, hugged, kissed, whatever, Jasmine's face flashed in my mind.

We never talked after the ice cream incident. I knew her feelings were hurt when I pumped the brakes, but I wanted clarity about us. However, she'd been avoiding me. We interacted when we were with the moms and things felt normal. No alone time at all.

“Earth to Mason!” my mom shouted.

“Huh? Sorry Mom. What did you say?”

“The caves are coming up. Are you ready?”

“Yep. Let's do this!” We got off the horses and the guide showed us through the caves. We took loads of pictures and Jasmine asked tons of questions. I loved the sound of her voice. My hand brushed hers as we explored and I looked at her. Her eyes were glossy and she gave me a small smile. I grabbed her hand and we continued walking. “Tonight, we put it all out on the table.”

“Okay.” The moms looked behind them and gave me a thumbs up. Jasmine was too busy looking at rock formations to notice. We all walked back to the horses and headed back to the ship. Tonight, I was going to let Stacy go and make Jasmine mine. No more games, no more fear. This was it.