CHAPTER 24

JASMINE'S POV

Mason holding me was the best feeling in the world. Feeling his solid body against mine grounded me.

“I've missed you so much,” I whispered in his ear.

“Is that so?”

“Mm hmm.”

“How much?” There was that smirk and heat pooled in my belly. I pulled his head down and kissed his bottom lip. I then kissed his jaw and moved the kisses to his ear.

“So much that you're taking me home tonight.” The look he gave me made me blush.

“Well let's go!” He playfully pulled me toward the door.

I laughed as I said, “Quit being such a dork! We have plenty of time for that.”

“I know Jassy. I'm going to draw out every second.” He turned me so my back was to his chest. He leaned down by my ear and said, “You look delectable. I can't wait to get you out of this costume and put my lips everywhere on you.”

The bass of his voice made my heart pound. His lips grazed my skin as he spoke and I was melting. It was a good thing he was holding me.

“THANK GOD!” my mom shouted. She came stalking toward us with a huge smile on her face.

“Mom! Calm down!”

“Girl, whatever! It's about freaking time. I always knew you two would be more than friends.”

“Me too!” Lisa joined my mother and they continued to tease us. Mason kept himself pressed against me. Hearing him laugh made me incredibly happy. This moment was everything.

“Y'all know I wasn't going to stop until Jasmine came to her senses,” Mason joked.

I turned and punched him in the arm. “Don't be a jerk!” He smiled before kissing me.

“Thank God it worked!” Marco exclaimed.

Here comes another one.

“Let's take a seat everyone,” I said. We made our way to a table. As I went to sit, Mason pulled me onto his lap. He kissed my cheek, then my neck, then my lips. It was hard and quick and I was all smiles. “You do know chairs were made for sitting?”

“You do know I don't want to let you go?” he countered.

“Hmm... your lap or the comfy chair? Have you seen this chair? It's a beauty!” Mason pinched my butt and kissed my neck again. Then he spoke so only I could hear.

“You're not moving, especially not now.” My cheeks had some company that made me want to find a room and let him screw me senseless! I shifted so he was placed perfectly between them. Mason grunted and rubbed up and down my thighs.

Mama Lisa got our attention and asked, “Okay lovebirds, so how did this happen?”

Before either of us could reply, the lights came up and Monica brought out my cake. She clocked me sitting on Mason's lap and her eyes bugged out, but she quickly recovered. I just smiled at her.

“Hey everyone. It's time to really acknowledge the birthday girl. I've known Jasmine for a few years now and I'm truly grateful for her. She has such a good heart and she's hilarious. She deserves only good things and I just want her to know I love her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESTIE!!”

Tears were in my eyes as everyone cheered and clapped and yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". I walked over to Monica and gave her a tight hug.

“Thanks babe and I love you too!”

FatedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara