~The Broom Broom.

7.

The glorious morning sun shone brightly against the horizons of Sage Academy, it was yet another beautiful day. Most of the legitimate students were in their various classes, recieving magical lectures and those that didn't have schedules were lurking around and having fun with their friends.

But in the case of the UDMs, it was a different ball game entirely. Skriff, having found out that most of the things he wanted to teach them in the class, they know already from their various grade schools, moved quickly to the second phase of their task for the day, which is to help in the maintainance of the school's property and to keep the grounds stark clean, though he didn't inform them of the development, he just asked them to follow him.

So currently, the four were coming with him to start the sweeping of the school on the school's main grounds.

Curious about where Skriff was leading them to, Pepper asks while trying hard to catch up with his fast strides, "Not that I care, but will we be having like a class today? "

"Pfff", he huffed, "Class?"You guys will rather sit in a classroom instead of getting out for a big surprise?"

Not liking the idea of 'surprise', Elliot decides to probe Skriff further, "What kind of suprise?".

Instead of answering his question, Skriff walked faster and swung the door of a wooden building that looked such as a farmhouse, but contained paint buckets, brushes and cleaning materials, exposing to the prying eyes of the UDM kids, five fine, strong looking brooms.

Nory, thinking they were flying brooms like those she saw in those Harry Potter movies that she fell in love with, she ran towards Skriff and stutters, "Ar-re those--?"

Not knowing what she meant by her semi-finished sentence, Skriff smiles widely at her, "Suprise".

Opening her mouth in admiration and surprise, she slipped past everyone and took one of the brooms from it's position and held it with ecstasy in her arms and kept smiling at it in wonder, feeling it's straws with her hands like they were the most priced thing on earth.

Again, she ran past everyone to the back of the farmhouse that seemed to have more space than the front. "Woo-hoo", she screamed, then put the broom in between her legs and broke into a run. She jumped into the air, only to land flat on her butt.

"That looked painful", Skriff nodded and looked down at Nory squirming figure that was trying to get up from the bare field, then picked up the broom beside her, the other three kids folding their arms and examining the height of Nory's stupidity.

"Extremely",Nory muffled as she struggled to get up and was eventually successful.

"So, what did I do wrong? "How do you fly that thing", Nory asks curiously.

"Uh, you don't, you sweep with it', Skriff answers her question immediately. "It's not a flying broom, it's a broom broom, for sweeping.

"I'm sorry but what exactly is the 'suprise' part of this surprise", Pepper deadpanned, already tired of the boring chit chat between Skriff and stupid Nory.

"I mean, Nory was surprised when she fell on her butt", Elliot answers and lifts his hand up, expecting a high five from pepper. "Up high".

"No", Pepper snorts and rolls her eyes, ignoring his raised up hands, much to his dismay.

To satisfy their curious minds by telling them surprise part of the suprise, Skriff says, "It's a surprise because they're exciting brand new brooms, come on, look at these high quality straw, you think that's not expensive?"

"And hey, if it doesn't fly, it can still take you places, like anywhere you see trash", Skriff continues while taking a look at the sky, making the kids groan in distaste.

"And now, you can take this brooms and go there now and sweep that trash", Skriff smiles mockingly.

Groaning, they took one broom each and dispersed to sweep different portions of the school. Nory, while sweeping her portion was lucky enough to come across the Fluxer class with the nice Professor Han teaching them with a kitten in her hands.

Her eyes shot up and widened with intense interest and she hurried over, not directly though but instead she swept hastily towards them, looking down.

"You see kids, fluxing is all in the preparation, if you don't study an animal, how do you expect to change into one? For your evaluation tests, we asked you to flux into a grey tabby kitten, but now we have to go deeper, and you have to learn how to flux into this exact kitten", Professor Han speaks eloquently while showing the kitten to the fluxers and scratching it's back.

"Only then can you advance to chickens and one day, dare to dream, Goats", she smiles, making all the students laugh in excitement. "Nature's jesters what joy, mhm". "And remember, I'm going to give two of you the opportunity to compete in the sage match for a spot at the founders day presentation", she smiles.

"Now, take a moment with Miss Olly floofenstein", she says, moving from student to student, letting them feel the features of the kitten in her arms slowly.

"Make note of many shapes that make her her, from the triangles of her ears to the ovals of the pads of her toes, focus on them, take a mental picture of her and store it deep in your consciousness, hmm?"

Taking the chance, Nory quickly brings out her note from her side pockets and jotts things down but sighs deeply when she sees that it's not enough.

"I'm never going to get any better until I can get some feline facetime", she talks to herself then she starts sweeping towards them, into the lawn where the lecture was going on.

"Nory, what are you doing here", Professor Han exclaimes, "UDMs aren't supposed to-"
"Oh don't mind me", Nory cut in, and discarded the professor's words with a wave of the hand. "I'm just doing my part in keeping this campus spic and span".

"By sweeping the lawn?", The professor frowns and raised a creeped out eyebrow.

"What can I say? I'm very devoted to my work", she tackles perfectly again and then decided to get to the real reason why she was here.

"Oh, hello", she cooed at the cat in the professor's arms, "Say, do you mind if I give her a little snug?", she asks and doesn't wait for an answer before taking the kitten from the professor.

"Absolutely no- ", "Great, Nory cut in again, taking a critical look at the kitten.

"Grey, soft, warm, breath smells like tuna", Nory whispers to herself and sniffed the kitten deeply, and then it triggers her fluxing abilities and then the cat drops to the floor. Nory had fluxed into a snarling loudly, terrifying abomination, the mixture of an elephant, a peacock and a fish, making everyone including the professor open their mouths wide and step back in fright.

Vote and comment ~♥~
Thanks for reading...