~The Awkward Conversations.

9.

They all looked at Nory like she was delusional after the statement she just made. Disturbing the fluxers' class was kinda wise, at least she was able to have access to the kitten, but crashing the sage match is way over the top and uncalled for.

"Why would you do that?", Savage Pepper frowns."They're not even gonna let you compete", she shakes her head with a serious expression.

"I know that", she sighs,"But I'm gonna flux in the right way, showing that we UDMs can be taught to do magic right", she explains confidently with her mind set.

Andreas looks up at her with adoration and Elliot nods his head in total agreement, but Pepper sighs deeply, still having her doubts.

"You know what? I think you can do it", Andreas smiles and then pauses, "I know you can do it".

Nory chuckles loudly, appreciating Andreas' belief in her and they stare at each other awkwardly,all smiles and no words.

Noticing the actions and the awkward tension between Nory and Andreas, Pepper scoffs at them, "Err...disguting".

Following in Pepper's direction, Elliot equally frowns and says to pepper, "Nory can have my sandwich because I've lost my appetite".

"Up high", he raises his hands up for an high five from Pepper. "Pass", she scoffs at him and for the second time, he fails to score an approval point from her. Huffing, he pushes the food tray away from him, while Nory returns to drawing diagrams and Andreas continues with his food.

Reina was still very much lonely among the flares and lost in thought, her untouched food staring back at her as she looked left and right, fiddling with her fingers.

Chandra once again looked at Reina at her lunch table and scoffs, knowing since Reina was very lonely, her evil mission will be very easy and fast.
----------

Days passed very quickly and soon turned into weeks, everyone going about their daily lives, pretty much nothing changed and all the Sage students received lectures everyday back to back and the new ones soon grew to make friends, allies and some, enemies.

After their friendship was strained because of their differences in social statuses, Reina and Nory began to drift apart and barely see each other. Classes continued in the UDM class as well as their strenuous daily tasks of sweeping the school clean.

Reina still did fairly bad in her flare classes as she could not succeed in popping the corns perfectly, but Egoistic Philip had been doing it perfectly since day one, but as the kind of person she is, she never settles for less and so, she reads books that can help her and practices flaring up corns in her room after her classes. Chandra never stopped watching her, studying her and her insecurities and weaknesses all day long, planning feverently for her manner of approach.

The sage match was in a matter of days and the whole school was preparing for it, and Nory too, although no one except her fellow UDMs know about it. She studies the diagrams and notes diligently and with determination to prove the whole school wrong, hopefully all her efforts result to success.

-------------

One of these days in the flare class, Philip had just finished flaring up some corns in the class and was patiently waiting for Professor Argon's evaluation, as he stood in front of the class with his arms behind him.

Professor Argon walks up to him, then took a popcorn and tossed it into her mouth, chewing it slowly and staring daggers into him, he started having doubts about his work but he waited for her words, a pained expression on his face.