TWENTY - Never Have I Ever

FIRST POV - Y/N 

<><><>

"Ooh, this is exciting. Are your missions always this exciting?" Addison asked as we walked through the woods in search of one of the Iacon relics. Addison expressed her excitement through her words and emotions, and I was just glad that we were finally able to experience what the Bots do on a day to day basis. 

"Not all the time, it can get ugly once the Cons show up." Arcee said, while holding an energon reader in her right servo. Addison scratched the back of her neck nervously, "Right... I didn't think about it that way." 

We continued to walk for another ten minutes or so until we reached a dead end to one side of the forest. Optimus looked around and I could sense that he was trying to come up with another plan. Apart of me was slightly worried about the possibility of the Cons showing up, and like Arcee had said, it would get really ugly.

But hey, what was there to worry about? I have Optimus for Primus' sake. 

I smiled to myself as the thought passed. I was so in love with him.

"Boss, why don't we try splitting up? See what we can find and then rendezvous back here in an hour or so." Wheeljack suggested. Optimus considered the idea before nodding to show his agreement. 

"Keep your comm links open, if I deem it necessary to return to base you four will follow my orders." Optimus ordered.

"Us four?" I repeated, taking a step forward. Optimus nodded in return, "Yes Y/N. I would feel more at ease if you were to stay with Wheeljack, Arcee and Addison." 

I crossed my arms in defence, "And what are you going to do that could slightly be more dangerous?" 

Optimus stared at me for a few moments as I looked into his bright blue optics. Was it just me or did he seem a bit frustrated? And even a bit... Angry? Was it because of what I said?

My facial expression softened as I stepped back to stand next to Addison, who put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me, I didn't want to push him further. Optimus then turned around and walked away from us.

I sighed in a tone that was louder than I intended it to be, which caught the attention of both the Bots and Addison. I passed each of them and walked in the opposite direction of where Optimus did with my head low. As I walked further away I could hear the three of them catching up behind me.

"Don't take it personally, Y/N." Arcee said. I huffed in response, I wasn't really in the mood to talk about relationships, especially when no one else except Addison knew about Optimus and I. 

"Prime's just got a soft spot for ya, kid. We've all seen it." Wheeljack chuckled. Now I was just convinced that I couldn't keep a secret around these Bots. 

"It's probably just better to leave it alone, Y/N. He's probably stressed." Addison paused, "And I guess I agree with Jackie... He does care about you." 

I stopped walking and turned to face the three of them. Apart of me felt like I was going to lash out at them, but I pulled myself together. They were just trying to help me, and my problems were not theirs. It just felt so overwhelming, everything that was happening to me.

"Maybe we should just focus on finding that relic." I suggested in a quieter tone, before turning around and walking again.

We continued walking through the woods, which felt like thirty minutes or so, with no sign of any relic around. The silence was starting to get to me until Addison spoke in her bubbly and cheerful tone.

"I have an idea. Let's play a game."

That, actually didn't sound like a bad idea. At least we could lighten up the mood a bit. Addison looked over at me and I gave an agreeing shrug, to show that I didn't mind her idea. She then looked up at Wheeljack and Arcee. Wheeljack looked like he didn't mind either, though Arcee was so concentrated on reading the energon scanner that it seemed like she wasn't keen at all.