chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nines got in the car and waited for Gavin to join him. When Gavin got in he said nothing and only blasted his music. "Detective" Nines yelled over the music to try to talk with him. His attempts to start a conversation were only ignored by the irritated Gavin.

'Asshole' Nines thought as he finally gave up and listened to Gavin's questionable taste music.

They arrived at the crime scene and got out walking towards the house. Gavin chatted with Chris as they walked in to investigate. Nines wasn't trying to eavesdrop but he wanted to know more about Gavin and how he thought.

"What's that thing you brought with you Gavin?" one of the officers had said.

"Is that an android I thought you hated those things"another said "ooo he finally gave in and got one".

"Shut it. I didn't buy it. It was sent to the police department and they assigned him to be my partner okay. If it was my choice I'd toss the thing out to the grinder and you know that" he spat and they continued to chat about Nines like he wasn't even there.

Nines scanned the room and walked around taking samples and scanning for fingerprints which he found on the murder weapon, they were from George Smith who lived close by. So this one wasn't done by an android, this was done by a human.

Nines walked up to Gavin carefully

"sorry to disturb your conversation detective but I believe I know what happened" he stated

"Alright then what happened tincan"

"Due to the broken window it was clearly forced entry, the android and human both have what seemed to be wedding bands so they must have been married and the child seems to be theirs. Judging by how some people treat android I wouldn't doubt that this was a hate crime against this poor couple. The fingerprints belong to George Smith. He is 45 and 5'6 and around 250lbs. He lives nearby." Nines said as he analyzed the detective's face.

"Huh impressive plastic I got to admit that despite having your head up your ass you can work well" Gavin said snickering.

"Well I do believe that you have had multiple things up your ass before haven't you detective" Nines shot back.

"ExcueS mE-" Gavin choked, he's pretty sure he knew what the android ment but the fuck.

"Nothing comes on, let's go arrest the murderer. He might have fled town but we should check his house first anyway" Nines Insisted as he walked back to the car.

Gavin waved bye to the other officers and gave some finger guns before getting into the car, and driving to the culprit's house. Nines sat in silence fully giving up on talking to the detective today, he was so fed up with him that he wanted to smack him, he knew he shouldn't but if every day is like this he just might.

They got to the house and knocked Nines pushing Gavin behind him. Even though he was a pain he had to protect him, humans only have one chance unlike androids. Nines banged on the door.

"DETROIT POLICE DEPARTMENT OPEN UP!" he yelled, his words booming.

No response.

He yelled one more time before breaking down the door gun drawn. He scanned the room looking for George and saw a trail of mess leading up stairs. He must have gone that way. Nines sneaked up the stairs with Gavin close behind. They opened each of the doors slowly searching all the rooms till Nines heard a shuffling in one. He kicked down the door holding his gun out Gavin was next to him, then they saw George he had a pistol and shot at Gavin and Nines quickly reacted pushing Gavin out of the way like I said, he was an ass but he was still his partner and he didn't want him getting shot maybe more like getting his ass kicked. The bullet went through Nines arm however he still quietly tackled the man and disarmed him flipping him over and quickly putting his hands behind his back for Gavin to handcuff him.