Prologue

He lay on the gigantic coiled body of Shesha, the serpent of time. A golden dhoti draped his powerful legs while his muscular body, the colour of ocean in night, glowed with the refulgence of Brahma-jyoti. He wore no ornaments, save the Kaustubh gem that adorned his shapely neck.

Ringlets of dark,curly hair spilled over his forehead and neck, framing high cheekbones and lotus-bud eyes. Eyes that were even now dreaming the world into existence, spinning the web of life with his Yogmaya.

Shri Hari Vishnu, the Lord of All Creation, rested his handsome head on his right forearm, his other arms extended in various relaxed postures. His consort, Lakshmi, the goddess of
fortune, leisurely wove a garland.

The Milky Way swirled languidly around their abode in Dhruv Loka, at the centre of the galaxy. Vaikunth was an oasis of peace in the misery of material existence, but its harmony was intermittently disturbed by the council of thirty-three Devas when things became too difficult for them to handle.

He was an integral part of the Holy Trinity of Creator, Preserver and Destroyer.

Brahma fashioned things in the form of Srishti, and Shiva was responsible for annihilation of all that had been created, to make the path for new creation. And while the Creation existed, it was Vishnu's responsibility to maintain its equilibrium.

But, things always had a way of unravelling themselves.

Brahma's boons of conditional immortality were quite notorious, for they almost always led to a disturbance in the equilibrium between Good and Evil. Though he was somewhat partial too and it helped vishnu in cleaning the mess due to the loopholes.

Shiva was not as indiscriminate as Brahma in granting boons. But he was also fair to a fault,and if suitably impressed, wouldn't think twice before showering even demons with immense powers. He did all that with pure and innocent mind, no wonder he was called the Bholenath.

This necessitated his intervention, an external balancing force.

As in the end it always fell on him to find ways to curb the unfair advantages and maintain the equilibrium of the world. And he has to clear the mess created by some boons of his two bestfriends. The curse of bhrigu, also plays an important part in this as he has to fulfil and abide by the curse, for the Karma Chakra to work.

Even at the present moment, the preserver was witnessing the misery of Goddess Aditi. The scale of balance was heavily bowing towards the evil. The good put about non-existent weight. The world was threatened and Kali wasn't even at his peak yet.

There was time yet he can't take Avatar until Kali was at its peak yet the condition of the mother goddess was too pitiful to ignore. And the Preserver had to do something to maintain the equilibrium. He had to put some more weight on the good side atleast to not make it look like a seasaw with a grown adult on one side and toddler on the other.

He had to find a way. A way to help for the other gods seemed helpless. His lotus eyes concentrated on the web of life in Bhrama's Shristi. His mind pondered the ways of preservance while avoiding untimely destruction. A mischievous smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. A way presenting itself to him.

Summoning his yogmaya, he let the goddess know it was time and they'll be needed.

~to be continued~