52

The knock on the door was so loud that had Naina wake up. The second her eyes opened, her eyes met up with his brown ones staring back at her. His breathe fanning on her face, the feeling of heat radiating from his body, it took her time to realise in what position they both were in. His one hand was below her head and another was placed on her waist. On top of that, they had shared the same duvet for the first time ever. Naina's eyes widened at their closeness and woke jolting up.

'How did this even happen?' she asked herself.

Thinking, she tied up her hairs into messy bun and gasped as the previous night's memories rushed back to her. They were not in their home. This sink into her head as she looked around the room. They had arrived late in the evening and then she had gotten ready in a silk saree.

Saree. Her nightmare!

Then while marching downstairs, she heard the women speaking about her and then her breakdown. The ritual and then dinner. Talk with Adhiraj. Then her another breakdown in front of Aditya. Him consoling her.

Aditya. Then she remembered that he was still lying beside her. She turned to look at him already staring back at her.

"Are you alright?"

She looked at him blankly.

"You were crying yesterday...

So, are you alright now?"

"I - I am" stuttering, she averted her gaze and quickly rushed inside the bathroom with her bath towel which she had left on the chair last night.

Aditya looked at the closed door of the bathroom and sighed. And when he laid back on the bed, he heard the knock on the door again.

Groaning, he woke up and made his way towards the door. He opened it to see Sowmya at the doorstep. She was in peach coloured lehanga and blouse along the vail draped over her shoulder. Her hands held yellow and pink saree along with jewelries.

"What is it that you couldn't wait?"

He asked irritatingly.

"Why? Did I spoil your moment with Bhabhi?" She giggled at his annoyed expression.

"Something like that" he muttered under his breath which she couldn't hear clearly.

"What do you want?" He asked again.

"Bhai? Did you forget that the Pooja will start in one and half hour?

I still have to get Bhabhi ready!

Couldn't you open the door earlier?

Move now!"

She entered pushing him aside and placed the saree and jewelries on the chair near dressing table. Looking around, she asked.

"Where's Bhabhi?"

"She's in the bathroom."

"Oh okay, let her know that I will be back in twenty minutes to help her get ready okay?"

"Okay, mam! Anything else?" He asked.

"Nothing." She mumbled.

Then she started making her way out of the room and she remembered that he had asked her what happened yesterday before the ritual.

Turning back to face him, she looked at him nervously. Contemplating on whether to let him know or not.

"Bhai, that yesterday... You had asked about Bhabhi..."

"Oh yeah, don't worry. She told me everything"

He said yawning.

"Everything?"