Twenty-One.

[21]

The next morning, Jade was allowed to leave the hospital, and Beck was relieved that she would be okay.

He took her back to her apartment, but followed her inside.

"Where are they?"

She turned to look at him. "Where are what?"

"The pills, Jade," he said. "Give them to me."

"No!" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as she walked back to her room.

He followed her."Jade, give them to me now."

"No."

"You're not taking any more of those pills!"

"I need them!" She shot back, grabbing the container of pills before he could.

"No, you don't." He grabbed her wrist harshly, causing her to flinch as he ripped the container from her hand.

"Give them back!"

"No."

"Fine," she shrugged. "I'll just go buy some more then."

"You are not going anywhere without someone with you," he declared.

She raised an eyebrow. "You can't control me. I can do whatever the hell I want to do. I don't need a babysitter."

"You are not leaving this apartment without supervision," he stated firmly. "And that's final."

"I'm not gonna listen to you. I'm not a pet."

"I'm not saying you are," he sighed. "But I don't want you to go anywhere by yourself."

"So you don't trust me?"

"No, I don't trust you. You cheated and then you tried to overdose on pills. It's gonna be hard to trust you again."

She frowned. "I thought you forgave me for that."

"Just because I forgave you doesn't mean that I've forgotten about it," he replied.

"So...does that mean you're breaking up with me?"

He let out a long sigh through his nose, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "It's complicated, alright?"

"It's a yes or no question."

"I don't want to break up," he said, looking down at her. "But I don't trust you, either."

She let out a sigh. "Well what can I do to make you trust me again?"

"Stay home," he said. "And don't leave unless I'm with you. Or Cat."

"So I'm on lockdown," she rolled her eyes. "Great."

He kissed her cheek before heading out the bedroom door, but she stopped him.

"Stay?"

"But I have to go- "

"Stay."

He sighed softly and headed back over to her, sitting down on the bed while she buried her face in the crook of his neck, making him smile.

"I love you," she murmured softly, where he barely heard it. "Only you."

He ran his fingers through her raven hair and replied, "I love you too."

-

"I want to dye my hair."

Beck arched an eyebrow. "You do? Why?"

"Because I'm tired of my black hair," she answered. "I wanna try something different. Maybe a bronze color. Or brown. I don't know yet."

"I like your black hair," he said. "But if you want to change it, then alright."

She smiled and grabbed her wallet, pulling out some crisped dollar bills. "You say I can't leave the house by myself, so you go buy me some hair dye. Oh, and I need make-up too."

"I'm not good at shopping for these types of things," he whined.

"Then let me go by myself."

He shook his head. "If you go by yourself, you're going to buy more pills and I'm not letting you try to kill yourself again."

"Then let's go together," she suggested, not confirming nor denying that statement.

"Okay," he nodded, "but we're not using your money."

She groaned. "You never let me pay for anything!"

"Because you're not supposed to," he responded, standing up from the bed and heading down the hall. "Now let's go."

She groaned again and followed him out the door, getting into the car and driving off to the store.

-

"Okay, which color do you want?"

Her eyes scanned over the boxes of hair dye until she settled on a pretty bronze color, not too brown and not too blonde. "That one."

He grabbed it and put it in the cart. "Okay, what else do you need?"

"Could you go grab me some detergent?" She asked innocently. "I ran out a few days ago."

He nodded and started heading to where the laundry detergent was, leaving her by herself in the hair product isle.

But she didn't stay there long. Instead, she walked to the medicine isle, grabbing a bottle of sleeping pills. But before she could slip it into her pocket, a voice startled her.

"Give it to me."

Jade huffed and slapped the pill bottle into Beck's hand, and he put it back.

"God, I can't even leave you alone for five seconds," he shook his head. "C'mon, we're leaving now."

She sighed and followed him to the check out center, crossing her arms over her chest and tapping her foot lightly on the floor.

After they paid for everything and and got back to the apartment, Jade grabbed the box of hair dye and rushed into the bathroom.

He knew it would take a while until her hair was done, so he laid on her bed, scrolling through his phone as he waited patiently for her to come out of the bathroom.

After about forty-five minutes, she emerged from the bathroom, her hair wrapped up in a towel. "I have to dry it, and then hopefully it turns out right."

He nodded and she grabbed the blow-dryer that laid on her nightstand before walking back into the bathroom.

After another ten minutes she emerged again, her hair dry and curled at the tips. It was a golden blonde-ish color, and surprisingly, it fit her perfectly.

"I love it," Beck grinned, and she smiled as she sat next to him on the bed.

He immediately wrapped an arm around her shoulders and combed his fingers through her now golden hair, which she secretly liked.

Maybe there was still hope for them after all.

-----

Idk why I made her dye her hair okay I just didn't know what else to write.

But it looks like how it does on the cover of the first book btw.

Make sure to comment your thoughts! What did you think of this chapter and what do you think might happen next?

Until next time!
~Izzy