Chapter 57

I watch my little sister backing off from me, she was full of tears, yet i could feel the madness, the fire burning inside her when she saw me standing across the room.

" A-a-austin "

" i can explain " i said as i move closer towards Taylor, she had grown up so much and it made me regret for not being around her for the last couple of years. Even though it had been the best time of my life, i ran away to find the happiness that i couldn't find at home. i was selfish and cruel.

I left Taylor all alone to suffer.

Some nights i would cry myself to sleep, thinking about how she has to follow all the orders, stressing out at a very young age and live the life that i ran away from. I felt disgusted by myself but i was afraid to come back and the only reason why i'm standing right here across the room to Taylor is because of the letter that arrived earlier this week.

Austin Swift was written on the envelope and it made me shiver to look at the name that was once mine.I opened up the envelope to see the familiar handwriting.

he found me. i can't escape anymore.

President Scott knocked on my door the next day and i was surprised that he didn't slap me across the face. It was hard to look into his eyes after what i have done for him. But he kept quiet, with his eyes closed. Sitting on the couch in my small living room far away from the city.

I stare at him for a while and i realised how much he have aged.

" i'm sorry dad " my voice came out softly somehow. It felt unusual to say the word dad and to see him around.

A part of me wanted to hug him tight and tell him about how much i've missed him but i didn't want to look like an absolute fool

I was the one who ran away from him when he needed me, when i was supposed to be the heir. I was young and stupid and i understand if he can't forgive me. I covered my face in my palm, i was so embarrased by myself.

I felt him walking closer to me and i opened my eyes up to see President Scott kneeling on the floor right in front of me. " come back austin " and that was the first time. I saw, my own dad. Crying.

My heart sank terribly and i wrapped him tight inside my arms.

It was the day where i found out that he had not much time left.

Wanted to write more about this chapter but idek why i can't seem to think straight these past few days HAHAHA. ( sorry if this chapter is rlly bad ) if you don't understand anything or the story line please please tell me!