Chapter 14- Control

You know, out of all the things I have woken up too, this is not one of them.

I have woken up to yelling, I have woken up to a silent house, I have woken up in alleys and on rooftops bleeding out.

Yet, oddly enough, I have never woken up to this.

"What the fuck are you two doing?"

Nemuri and Hizashi both freeze, looking down at me with sheepish smiles on their faces. Hizashi scratches the back of his neck with the hand that was previously fighting with Nemuri's. "Fighting over who gets to pet your hair..?"

...

Yeah, I have definitely never woken up to this.

"..Why are you petting my hair? I'm not complaining, just confused." Yes, yes. Laugh it up. The great Izuku is confused, and over someone petting his hair of all things.

"Okay, A, the world is ending, because holy shit Izuku's confused. B, have you seriously never had people pet your hair before?" Nemuri asks. Her and Hizashi silently agree to just share the hair floof.

I tense up slightly before melting into the touch.

"Does being dragged by the hair count? If not, then no. I've had people lay their hand on my hair before, but not play with it." As an after thought, "Fuck you. The world only ends when I allow it to."

Nemuri and Hizashi both freeze yet again. Meanwhile, Shouta leans over from behind the couch -I didn't even realise he was there- with a cup of coffee in his hands, and concern etched into his facial features. "Ignoring the last thing you said, what the hell, kid? No, that does not count."

"Damn. Then, no, I have not."

They all glance at each other, and the air turns as serious as it can with me in the room.

Let's be real here, that isn't that much, because fuck I do not take a lot of things seriously.

Shouta walks from behind the couch to the armchair I was sitting on the previous night, and plops down on it with a sigh. The other two bitches go back to playing with my hair, their shoulders more tense then before.

Fuck me for noticing this shit, because now I'm on edge with them.

"You guys are acting like someone fucking died. What the hell, people?" I say, trying to make the mood lighter. It works to some degree.

Hizashi pipes up with a quiet, "Someone might depending on how this goes."

Great, now I'm confused again.

Maybe I should try to get better at emotions and shit like that. I may be smart, but when it comes to this type of stuff I might as well be the dumbest person on earth.

Nemuri's the first to break the silence that encased us.

"Who in the hell has dragged you by your hair?"

"Drags."

"What?"

"You said, "Who in the hell has dragged you by your hair?". I was correcting you. The sentence should be, "Who in the hell drags you by your hair." I correct, not noticing the three adults tensing up around me.

Shouta takes the lead. "Kid, that doesn't make it any better." I shrug and he sighs. "Can you just answer the question?"

It's my turn to sigh as I look at the floor.

This is not what I wanted to do today. That being said, that seems to be common theme by this point.

"I don't know. Half the people at my school? The store clerks that, instead of raising the prices, just force me out instead? Random people on the street that know I'm quirkless? Just take your pick between them 'cause they all work."