Chapter One: January 17

Welcome to my new book. It's taken some time to get back to writing but I hope you enjoy this latest fanfic. It's a narrative that will zig-zag back and forth between Meghan's diary and Shannon's life. Feel free to vote and comment if you enjoy or have questions. I always reply ASAP. Thanks so much for choosing this story!

The darkness closed in as slowly he pressured the skin on her neck.

The man's hands smoothed upwards, feeling her steady pulse beat on his fingertips.

She was calm.

Whatever she was thinking was masked behind the blindfold.

He tightened his grip.

Then came the rush of blood to the head and he knew she was teetering on the edge of unconsciousness.

She tried moving her legs but each kick became more labored as oxygen was cut off.

It was only when her body went limp that his fingers relaxed and he parted her legs.

The sexual high blinded him to the reality of what had happened at the party.

The business proposal, the handshake, the introduction to this glamorous woman.

Mark Jenson had made the rules: It was a game of strategy, and Meghan Mallory was the pawn in his boardroom deals.

****

My diary

So I guess this is it.

I've finally had time to sit down and think about my life. 

Mark is away on business in Europe, which has given me the headspace I need to work out where I'm going and what I'm going to do if  I finally decide to do the unthinkable.

Don't presume this is an easy decision. It's not. Most people look at my life and can't see beyond the money, the glamorous parties, and designer clothes.

The Meghan Mallory they choose to see lives in a chic glass-walled home overlooking Lake Washington. 

They picture me sipping sparkling wine from a balcony with music drifting from inside, as I watch the evening breeze cast ripples across the shimmering infinity pool below.

I'm sitting here laughing because that's the image portrayed by Mark Jenson. He'smy husband and CEO and owner of TronTech Inc.

You might have heard of him in those glossy celeb magazines. But I see beyond the tacky headlines and cliched, loved-up copy.

"Billionaire businessman Mark Jenson..." and  "Tech tycoon Mark Jenson..." 

They wear thin after a while when you live behind those closed doors.

Readers only see the fairytale princess living in opulence; I see the darkness of those stories lurking in the shadows.

They see money, luxury, and extravagance; in short, a life of easy indulgence.

What they don't see is that it comes wrapped in sex and grubby dollar bills.

I see that side of his life. I see the hard-fought deals, the handshakes behind closed doors, the friends who become foes, and the endless phone calls into the dead of night. 

Those whispered conversations and occasional raised voices aren't meant to be heard. But I know what's going on.

I've lived in the shadows and dreamed of the day when I can finally spread my wings and find the real me.

I've been the pawn in his games for too long, now it's time for checkmate.

And that brings me to you Dear Diary. Why have I decided to put pen to paper?