The Maze Runner - Minho (1)

word count - 606
Set in a slight AU, years after the Maze. The survivors have built a new city.

You ran your fingers through your hair, stressing like mad. The paper in front of you was covered in shapes and writing, organising you and your boyfriend's new house. You groaned in frustration as you realised you hadn't left room in the bedroom for your bedside tables, and crumpled up the paper, rubbing your eyes tiredly.

"Princess?" Minho called from your shared bedroom. "Come and cuddle me!"

"I'll be through soon, Min!" you shouted back.

You quickly took a new sheet of paper from the drawer, scribbling frantically. A pair of warm arms wrap around your waist from behind and a chin rests on your shoulder.

"Come to bed, baby" Minho begged, groaning tiredly. "I'm tired and I want hugs."

"Well, go to sleep then!" you snapped, unintentionally. "I'm not stopping you!"

He removed his chin off your shoulder and unwrapped his arms from around your waist. You sighed. 

"Min, I'm sorry, I--"

You were interrupted by his strong hands massaging your shoulders.

"You need to stop stressing, baby girl" he soothed. "It'll all be okay, it'll work out. Thomas and the others are going to help us, we'll be fine! Now, will you please come to bed?"

"Okay" you gave in, smiling slightly. "I'll come to bed."

"Yes!" he exclaimed, picking you up bridal style and carrying you to the bedroom.

"Minho?" you asked as he lay you down on your side of the bed, then climbed in beside you.

"Yeah babe?"

"Do you think we can do this?" you asked. "Do you think we'll manage to move house?"

"Of course I do" he laughed. "Gally was a builder so he can help us make things, Thomas and I were runners so we're... strong...  Frypan can cook us food to keep us going, Newt can help with the garden and Teresa can help with the decorating. We've got this baby, I know we do."

"Me too" you smiled, "I'm sorry for being so silly."

"Don't be" he smirked. "Its one of the main reasons why I love you."

***

It was the day you and Minho moved into your new home and you were very stressed. The whole house was chaos as people put down your furniture and helped you to organise the way that things would be. After hours of busyness and frantic arrangements, you all finally sat down in the living room and enjoyed a chinese. There were only two sofas, so you and Minho settled yourselves on the floor, you sitting between his legs as he leaned back against the wall.

"Thank you for everything you did for us today, guys" you smiled, gratefully. "It means so much"

"Of course Y/N" Thomas grinned.

"I just wish Alby and the others were here to see it" Minho mumbled, causing me to take his hand in mine comfortingly.

"They would have been so happy of you both" Newt said, tearing up.

"Yeah" the others murmured in agreement.

You picked up your glass and raised it in the air. 

"Here's to us" you proposed. "Here's to an everlasting friendship. And here's to all the people we lost in the Glade and on our journey that led us to Paradise. To Alby, Chuck, Winston, Ben, Nick and all the other Gladers who risked their lives for our freedom. You'll all be forever in our hearts. To them!"

"To them!" everyone else chorused.

You wiped away your tears and turned your head to smile broadly at the love of your life. You stared into each others eyes for a moment, before he interrupted.

With two words you'd been longing to hear for the longest time.

"Marry me"