Chapter 2 - Tsukishima

Tsukki was annoyed. He hated being in this stupid forest. It was dirty and dark. The constant shuffling sounds of creatures made his skin tingle. This is all Kuroo-san's fault. Why did he have to force me to go to the park with him?

But Tsukki knew that whoever's fault it had been was irrelevant at this point. He still couldn't understand how they had ended up in the middle of a forest. Maybe someone moved us there...But why? Maybe there was an accident and something happened. But Tsukki had absolutely no idea what that 'something' could be.

Initially, when they had started walking, Bokuto and Kuroo had been full of chatter, discussing theories and yelling. However, now their usual boisterous selves had become quiet, both seeming as evidently exhausted as Tsukki. I miss Yamaguchi, Tsukki thought to himself. Though he would never say it out loud, Yamaguchi was like an anchor to him. He kept Tsukki from panicking. But now that Yamaguchi wasn't here, Tsukki wasn't sure what to do. 

Tsukki scanned their surroundings. According to his watch, they had been walking for about four hours already. This forest could be endless. Who knows how big it is? No. It can't be that big. They must be somewhere near Tokyo.  But what if you're not in Tokyo?  No. Stop being so illogical, that would make no sense. Tsukki was so sunk in thought that he didn't even notice Bokuto's yelling at first.

"Guys! Look!" Tsukki jumped up, and moved his eyes to where Bokuto and Kuroo were, a few metres ahead of him.  Both boys were crouched down over something on the ground.

"What is it, Bokuto-san?" Tsukki asked as he jogged towards them, tired. "Please don't tell me that you've found another ladybug..." He muttered under his breath.

"HEY! Ladybugs are cool!" Bokuto remarked. 

Tsukki bent down to see what they were looking at. He stared at it for a second. A trapdoor. It was a trapdoor.

Kuroo's fingers were clasped around the handles as he began to pull to the door upwards. He groaned a few times while pulling, but the door only budged a few inches. "I'll help!" Bokuto volunteered.

"I'm fine. I'm quite strong, thank you very much." Kuroo shot back.

Bokuto just laughed. "Not strong enough to pull it up, eh bro?"

After attempting to pull for a full minute, Kuroo accepted defeat. "Ok. Fine. Help me."

"HA HA! Told you so! Now apologise if you want me to help!"

"Not gonna happen, Bokuto."

"Then-"

"I'll just help him." Tsukki interrupted. He was getting quite irritated by the immaturity of both the third-years. But it's Kuroo-san and Bokuto-san, after all. They have the maturity of  four year olds.

Tsukki aided Kuroo in pulling the trapdoor up, while Bokuto tried to help, but was swatted away by Kuroo. "You didn't want to help! So don't!" Kuroo remarked.

"I was just joking!!" Bokuto whined. 

Soon, all three of them had managed to pull the old rusty trapdoor up. Tsukki looked down into the dark depths, with a ladder alongside the wall. I really do not want to go down there.

"C'mon, let's go." Kuroo said, already lowering himself inside.

"I don't know-" Tsukki started but was cut off by Bokuto.

"Let's go! I would much rather see what's in there than go trekking through the middle of the forest aimlessly."

Tsukki couldn't exactly argue with that. As much as he hated the idea of going underground, the other option seemed more mundane. Perhaps this might lead to civilisation. Then they could find out where the hell they actually were. 

Tsukki took a deep breath. All right. Here goes nothing. With that in mind, he followed after Kuroo, climbing down into the unknown darkness.