Invasion

After that news I looked at my parents face, their eyes were teary.

“CRYING?!” I thought. How strange. If parents cry who is going to take care of children. Only children can cry. But what was so bad in the news? Oh I don’t know when my so many questions will end.

“What are you thinking Petum?” asked my sister.

I didn’t want to tell her that father and mother were crying, although she already knew it. It was hard to mention.

“I want to hear a story, sis.”

So she started to tell me a story about a boy who ate too much cheese. I was enjoying the story and was very happy. Sister always did what I liked and made me cheerful.

But when the story was in the middle, we heard sounds of guns shooting and people screaming. I was afraid and father started driving faster. I could not stop crying after all that was happening. Scary thoughts came to my mind that people were being killed which later on turned out to be true.

Sister held my hand and said:
“Don’t worry Petum. We will be fine.”

But that was only what she said. There was no sign of getting away and be secured. Especially when traffic was Jam! I didn’t see so many cars on the road a little while ago. People had just left their homes, and many hadn’t left yet!

“Let’s leave the car children.” Said father.

We hurried out. Father held a small bag and so did my mother while my sister held my hand. We ran through the cars but we were not fast enough and the merciless soldiers were almost behind us.

They started shooting at the cars. I heard the sounds of glasses breaking, doors of cars opening, people shouting. Now everyone was trying to leave their cars and get themselves to safety as soon as possible. But the soldiers were fast.

The crowd forced me and my sister to get separated from our parents. We tried hard to reach them but the crowd did not let us. Due to the pushes we reached a house door. It was open. We hurried inside and hid in a wardrobe.