PROLOGUE

20 years back

The boy jumps from tree to tree, keeping his balance. He is been practicing it with his brother and personally getting trained by his father for months now. Suddenly his hands slipped and he fell to the ground face first, but there is no time to think about his injuries. Some intruders have entered their Island, their home. He has to inform the Alpha Chieftain about it.

Even if his head was bleeding, he made sure to climb the peak of the highest tree in the island. He blew the biggest shell to warn his people. The outsiders are here again to invade their privacy. After blowing the Shell twice, he was responded with the same sound for the confirmation of the elert. The boy immediately climbed down the tree and rushed towards the entrance of the Island, where most of the warriors will gather now.

As soon as the invaders were on view, the men of the tribe aimed their bows and arrows at the targets and waited for their clieftain's command. The AlphaChieftain had a deal with the last ambassador that, their Island was forbidden for the outsiders. They rejected their gifts and warned them to never return back. These outsiders definitely have a death wish.

The group stopped atonce, finding themselves at the target. They were about 7 men and a woman, in her late 20s. The woman looked pregnant and started to speak the tribal dialect to communicate with the chief. The chief started to talk back and after a few moments they found out that, the woman was about to give birth and they need help.

Even if the tribe like Isolation, they were not cruel...Yet. They gave permission to the outsiders to camp at the entrance for the night and leave as soon as the woman is fit to travel. They were not allowed to get inside their Territory at any cost. That was the deal. If by any chance they are found snooping around, the consequences would be death.

Nanna was responsible for the outsiders along with his younger brother Aku. He was the eldest son of the Chieftain in his 20s and the next Alpha in line, followed my Haki, his sister who's a teenager and soon to be mated to his best friend Baku. Aku is a 10 years old boy and the youngest of the Chieftain family. They call them the descendants of Wolf and a strong believer of Moon god.

The tribe belongs to the Lunar Clan, who's ensester were believed to be the direct children of Wolfs and favoured by the moon god. They also believe in pairings and solemates. Their partners are chosen by the god himself. When the clan members comes of age, they are send to the cave of Moon god and takes bath in the holy water under the moon light on a full moon day. It is believed that you would find their mate on the very same day.

The woman was struggling real hard to give birth alone. Aku was feeling really anxious, because he has never seen a woman giving birth before. His brother hit his head teasingly, to gain his attention and asked him to go back and get some food. But Aku did not want to go back, as he felt an odd pull towards the poor woman, he can't explain.

Reluctantly, he got down from his spot from the top of the tree and started walking back towards his hut. As he was about to get inside, he heard painful moan and groan coming from inside the hut. Panicking, when he rushed inside to check if someone was hurt, he found his parents on the floor, lower part hidden from his view. He tilted his head in confusion. Their sound seemed too painful, but their expression were not. It seems like both of them were enjoying? Whatever they are doing.

When he asked his parents about what they were doing, his father waved him away saying that, he would tell him when he is of age. Innocent Aku obediently nodded his head and went to the cooking place and grabbed the food in a leaf for him and his brother.
He also took a clay container and filled some water into it too. On his way back, he looked up to the clear sky to find the full moon shining brighter today. Most of the clan members will go to the cave to find their pair today.

He was very excited to find his pair, but he has to wait for another 10 years. They cannot marry just any women in the clan. There is a destined mate for everyone in the tribe. Once they find them, they mate them for life. One life, one mate, till death. They are always faithful to their partners. If someone doesn't wait for the gods permission and mates another man or woman of the tribe, they are supposed to marry them immediately, to rectify their mistake.

If someone doesn't find their mate, even if they reach the adulthood, they can claim any women in the clan, who is willing to be his wife. His sister Haki and Bother Baku are mates. They imprinted on each other last full moon and will be mated tonight at Baku's house. But his brother Nana, didn't find his pair yet and planning to claim one of the female in the clan.

Once Aku reached the entrance of the Island, he found the woman in the same stage he saw her, when he left earlier. He asked his brother if it's time for the baby, but his brother shrugged his shoulder taking the food from his hands and started digging into it. Aku didn't mind, because he was more interested in the woman than the food.

He wanted to take a closer look at her and see, how the child birth takes place. So he went closer to the woman and saw her pushing real hard. He looked down towards her uterus, to see something black and round like the shape of the coconut, was coming out. His face lit up and he called his brother to share his excitement. His brother panicked, because it was forbidden to let an outsider touch you and vice versa.

He shouted at Aku to come back, but he was frozen to his place,when he heard a cry from the new born baby. The man, who was her mate, came running and pull out the remaining baby out of her body. It was a girl. She was beautiful. Aku has never seen a baby that beautiful ever. She has coppery golden hair and red lips. Very chubby and when she was placed on her mother's chest to feed, the sight of her little hands catching her mother's breast and sucking on it hungrily, bought a smile on his face.

The woman noticed the small boy watching her daughter and smiled. She asked him his name. Aku was hesitant first but, later he said it. The new father asked his wife, if she has decided some name for the baby girl. When she was thinking hard about the name, some voice inside Aku, told him to name the girl and he uttered it without a second thought. Jaci.

The couple looked at him shocked but, they couldn't find a better name for their baby girl. She was born on the full moon night and was as beautiful as the moon. Jaci was a perfact name for their moon princess. The couple thanked him for the name and he was really proud of himself for naming the child. He also noticed that the girl has a crescent moon shape of birth mark on her chest. His grandmother used to tell them stories about children born with that birthmark.

He told the mother, that her child was blessed by the moon god. It will protect her from any harm and lead her to the right path in her life. He wanted to touch the child, but his brother was watching him like a hawk. He asked the woman if she needs anything, but she denied saying that, she is tired and want to sleep. As Aku stood up to walk away, the baby opened her eyes to look at him. He instantly fell in love with her deep- big Hazel eyes.

He stood there frozen untill the baby went back to sleep and then Aku left with a heavy heart and a dying desire to hold the child in his arms. Next morning when he woke up and rushed towards the entrance of the Island, the outsiders were long gone, along with the baby girl. Aku's heart felt empty all of a sudden, as if he has lost a part of it. He couldn't explain this feeling, but he knew, his life was about to take a huge turn due to the loss. A missing piece, that can never be found again.

Poor Aku, unknowingly lost his solemate that day.