xxxix.

Tragedy strikes six months out in the form of a little girl with the most joyful eyes.

Her name is Mi-Yeon, and she's only six years old.

Hyungwon knows upon seeing her the first time that she's his replacement. He'll be too old soon, too broken of a toy to be much fun. But Mi-Yeon is shiny and new, just like the bike Father bought him when he was six, back when everything was just starting.

Father would shower her with gifts, most likely. Take her camping or on some other sort of special trip. Would touch her shoulder and her back until she didn't register the touch as foreign at all. Would show her things, teach her things that she didn't have any right in knowing at such a young age. Would make her think that it was all normal and natural.

And then he would slowly begin to play with his new toy, testing it out, making it all into a game. A new secret, just between the two of them.

And she wouldn't realize what she'd lost until it was too late. Wouldn't realize that she didn't have to be anyone's toy, that most people weren't toys at all.

Hyungwon is crying before he realizes it, and Mi-Yeon tilts her head, confused and saddened by association. She asks him what's wrong, but he can't say. He feels like he's sixteen again, completely disoriented and not sure what to do.

And Father comes into the room with a smile that appears in Hyungwon's nightmares, and he introduces Hyungwon to Mi-Yeon, who's to be his new sister.

Hyungwon doesn't know where she comes from, only that they've adopted her and Father wants to ruin her like he ruined Hyungwon and Hyungwon doesn't know how he can stop it from happening.

--updated 08/11/20, part 1/3--

a/n: sorry for the delay on these! power finally came back on :')