The Malfoy Manor was a cold, empty place. The large exterior brought chills to most who looked at it. The home belonged to the Malfoy's. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy had both came from wealthy pure-blood backgrounds. They had only given birth to one child. June 5, 1980 was the day that Draco Lucius Malfoy was born. 

Growing up, Draco was taught that pure bloods were superior to others. He looked down on muggles and half bloods. He also looked down on those pure-bloods that associated themselves with muggles. His parents had already taught him who the blood traitors were. Not like it really mattered since the Malfoy family only talked to pure-blood Slytherin families. 

Lucius and Narcissa weren't very nurturing parents. Because of this, Draco didn't really show love or kindness. He didn't know how to. He didn't know of friendship, he only knew loyalty. Being the only child in a wealthy family, Draco got everything that he ever wanted. 

Draco was a smart child. His home was filled with spell books and different magical artifacts. Growing up with a death eater in the house, dark magic was around him. He did learn many things growing up in a pureblood house. 

Being in a large house, he was often alone. He did, however, hang out Theodore Nott and Vincent Crabbe. When he was young, he would often visit Hogwarts with his father, when Lucius made inspections. 

Other than that, he also spent time with his father at the Ministry of Magic. During his days there, Draco met a short redheaded girl at the age of 5. At a couple weeks of spending time with her, he realized she was a Weasley. His father loathed the Weasleys. This was the reason Draco didn't tell anyone about the girl. He liked her, he liked the time he spent with her. 

Overtime, his friendship with the girl blossomed into a crush. The Malfoy boy had a crush on the Weasley girl. Draco knew that the Weasley family didn't have much money and he made sure that he would bring the girl a present once in a while. The first gift that he ever gotten her was a bracelet with her name on it. Sometimes the gift would be as small as a snack or butterbeer, but every year around her birthday, he would bring her a large gift. For her 11th birthday, he had given her three dresses and an emerald necklace. 

At first, the girl would deny all of his gifts, but she soon gave up when she realized that he wouldn't give up until she took them. The two spent almost every day together and he never let her leave without giving him a hug. It wasn't until they were 10 that Draco had kissed the redhead. It took her by surprise but she accepted it. After that day, he never let her leave without a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

The day that the kids had received their letters from Hogwarts was a day of mixed emotions for the both of them. The girl was nervous but she was scared of letting her family down. Draco was excited but he was scared of losing the girl that he had became so fond of. He knew that her whole family had been sorted into Gryffindor and his whole family had been sorted into Slytherin. She was a Weasley and he was a Malfoy. 

But no matter what, Draco was going to keep her. He was going to make sure that he kept his Rose, even if he had to withstand all the thorns. Draco wasn't going to let Rosalind go, even if he had to keep it a secret.