Midnight at the pool

You checked your phone 11:55pm it ready you sighed as you laced up your converses you looked in the mirror at the Nike shorts that were almost hidden under your hoodie that was a few sizes too big on you. You walked to the elevator and clicked the lobby button. Once you arrived to the pool you saw it was empty. The time was now 11:59. "He better get here soon I don't like waiting." You said out loud as you say by the edge of the pool. You begin to stare at the water and lost yourself in a daze when you felt a hand touch your shoulder you overreacted slightly by grabbing the hand and shoving them in the pool. In your defense you worked in the BAU you knew what could happen to a girl alone in the dark. "What the fuck." A familiar voice said as the head popped up out of the water. "Oh my god Spencer I'm so sorry you startled me and I.." you put your face in your hands as the embarrassment overwhelmed you. Spencer laughed "I'm sorry I should have made my presence known." You nodded slightly. "So um anyways I asked you meet me here because I think you are very beautiful and I honestly want to ask you on a date. I know this a bit soon but from this job I've learned life is too short to wait around." Spencer smiled at you. "Oh I-." You we're caught off guard at this. "Listen you don't have to give me an answer right away and I'm forcing anything on you." Spencer said. You grabbed his neck which had drops of water from the pool. You pulled him in for a kiss when suddenly you felt yourself falling. No literally you fell into the pool but your lips didn't leave his for a moment. Finally after what felt like hours you pulled away. "So I'll tak that as a yes for that date?" Spencer laughed and you nodded. You both pulled yourselves out of the water. "Let me walk you back to your room." Spencer said grabbing your hand. As you approached your room you heard a voice call out to you guys. "Spence..oh hey y/n" you felt Spencer's hand slip away from yours. "JJ hey." He grinned nervously. You felt embarrassed as he began to inch away from you. "Why are you both wet?" JJ questioned. "Oh um it was raining really bad outside." Spencer lies, poorly you might add. JJ nodded but didn't seem convinced but she went into your room. Before Spencer could say a word you opened the door to your room before closing it behind you. Was he embarrassed for the team to know about you two? Sure you were a little younger but if that was the case then why bother asking you out in the first place. You noticed a notification on your phone. "Goodnight pretty girl.-Reid" you felt your heart flutter before remembering what happened in the hallway. "Are you embarrassed of me?" You replied and then stared at your screen waiting for a response. Within seconds "no why?" You frowned. "Listen y/n if this about letting go of your hand in the hallway it's because I don't want you or I getting in trouble. Hotch is very strict about the dating policy and we have to talk to him first." As you read this you felt stupid. Obviously this was a job not high school. You decided to just call him. "Hey you.." his voice sounded tired. "Hey I'm sorry about that text i get in my head sometimes and..." he cut you off "don't be sorry you have every right to question why I did that but hey once we go on this date if we feel a spark we tell Hotch right?" You nodded. You both said goodnight as you felt yourself drifting off. Everything felt perfect for once but how long would this feeling last.