Chapter - 1

Prologue -
Vampires, Werewolves, magic, fairies, ogres they say they are just fairytales, but are they really? I think a lot, that's what I do. Overthinker, It is known as a weakness but I personally think it is an advantage. I mean yeah, it has disadvantages like being extra self conscious but have you ever just sat somewhere and wondered about everything and anything. I like being alone but not the alone most people would think of, most people think of being alone as lonely, sad, unhappy. In all honesty sometimes I do feel like that but the true meaning of alone is the ability to find comfort in the darkest of places. I am one of those people that say 'there is more to life than you can see' to everyone that means something different. To me the greatest power is the ability to harness loneliness. People at school would call me Emo.. it is supposedly a person that likes being alone and is really cold to others. I guess that is true, well half of it. No one likes being alone. The truth is I have a secret and if someone were to ever find out it could meam death for me and them. I know this beause when I was younger I had a friend but she doscovered my secret. They found out that she knew and the next day she was reported missing and was never found again. One flaw in human society is that people rely too much on each other. Humans supposably can't live without other humans and honestly they aren't wrong. The thing that they are wrong about is that it isn't just other humans that people rely on. There is more to the world than logic nor science can ever explain...
To put everything bluntly the world is no more then a fairytale a game and no humams know it yet but the whole world is filled with monsters. They hide in the shadows or right under your nose you wouldent see them though most monsters can go invisable or teleport eaither way they won't let you see them unless they are suicidal.No not all of them are bad. Most monsters are nice, shy, funny and cool. The definition of monster is very overlooked. Ugly, scary, mean, they all come from the dictionary. I can't blame people though I mean the only monsters they have ever known are the ones that are bad and reveal themselves. I am the bridge between both worlds. My job is to make sure that the human and the monster societies don't collide. At birth I am chosen by the guardians and then raised to the age of ten then they push me out into the wild world ready to protect the monster's secret. One day I hope that humans and monsters will live together in harmony but for now we have to wait until humans are ready to know our secret. There are only around 8 working guardians in the world right now, one guardian is chosen every ten years by a special process. Only elders know what the process is though. My life is pretty simple really, I help monsters and stop bad monsters from doing bad things but other than that I am a normal 17 year old girl.

Hi my name I midnight or wxlfy what ever you like. I love creative writing and do this just for fun. Please enjoy my first story. I plans on posting another part each week. Thank you for reading and please feel free to comment ideas and suggestions if you have any.
Thank you for reading!
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ