Chapter - 4

At four O'clock I set off to 'work'. I say it like that because I don't really have a normal job. It is more like an obligation to help other monsters and when I do sometimes I get gifts of food if I am lucky, money.

I usually go to the big urban park a couple of blocks from my apartment and wander around there because it is a popular place for monsters to hang out especially when there are no humans around to see them.

''Lia! Lia!'' I turn around to face a person, one I have never met before.

She smells just like Xavier. I kind of like the smell, it kind of calms me in a way. She had deep emerald eyes just like Xavier.

Her hair was a mix of brown and gray and she held a couple of wrinkles probably from the stress that Xavier has given her.

''Your Xaviers mother aren't you?'' I say looking dead in the poor woman's eyes, I could see her eyes filled with fear and sorrow.

I feel kinda bad for the poor lady but he is gonna get into trouble if he wonders around like that.

''S-So you found him.. I am really sorry I tried to stop him, I really did!'' She practically pleaded, She looked at me with clear misery.

''We can't talk here.'' I say in a quiet voice.

I cautiously look around for any other guardians that might be also wondering around then I quickly grab her wrist and pull the lady down an alley near the park in between a pizza shop and an Ice-cream store.

Once we are concealed from prying eyes I say, ''Your lucky I was the one that found him! He is suicidal!'' In a loud whisper still trying to stay quiet. I feel my grip on the woman's arm tighten, I feel mad and worried. why?...

She looks back at me in trepidation as though I am gonna hurt her, she opens her mouth to say something then closes it again.

What am I doing? Why do I even care about him? I release my grip on her arm and allow my body to relax and release the tension I was holding.

I turn in irritation around and leave the poor woman there, her eyes starting to leak with tears and her bottom live quivering slightly.

----------------------------

''Hey~''

I immediately recognise the voice and narrow the people it could be to either Xaiver, a devil or both.

Ugh, I was just sitting at my desk minding my own business and he just has to talk to me, yep definitely both. He has been here two weeks and has already made me go insane.

''what'' I practically growl in indignation as I watch my classmates begin to stare. I mean I can't blame them. It is not every day when you see the 'loner kid' being approached by the 'new popular kid'.

''On come on don't be like that.'' he whines smugly.

I stand up, turn around and lean on his hard, broad shoulder with my small hand and with my mouth millimetres from to his ear and whisper,

''The only thing stopping me from killing you is that they don't know about you yet. So I would recommend backing off.''

I slowly slide back into my chair and continue reading my book trying really hard not to blush at the thought of how close I was to him.

My classmates start whispering in curiosity, they probably want to know what I told him, ugh I am never gonna live that down they will talk about it forever knowing the people at my school.

I feel a firm hand on my left shoulder and turn to see whose it is. I feel the vibration of a deep calm voice in my right ear, Xavier.

''Oh come on don't be like that, they won't find out because you're helping me.''

I flinch, yeah no way am I helping you, I do nothing for no one because no one would ever do anything for me.

''I help no one, I just want to live a decent life to at least 70, unlike some people.'' I mutter under my breath so only he could hear, the end part clearly hinting towards him.

I heard him give a soft chuckle although sounding friendly it sent a shiver down my spine giving me a bad feeling of what was gonna happen next.

He stood up and started speaking to the whole class.

''I have an announcement.''

Oh no I know what he is doing. I look up and give him a death stare, he locks his eyes with me and then he smirks a charismic yet sicking grin.

''Lia-'' Everything was in slow motion. If he told them we would all die.

Everyone in this room would disappear by tomorrow including me and him! Just because he had a death wish it doesn't mean he has to drag the whole class down with him, not that I would really care or anything.

''And-'' I felt my heart stop beating. Ok, ok, so maybe I would care a little.

''I-'' I wasn't ready to die yet, I quickly stood and practically flew to the front of the class and cupped his mouth.

''What the hell do you think you are doing!'' I shout in an angry tone.

He peeled off my hand and to finish his sentence with the biggest snicker I have seen yet sprawled across his face. To my horror what he said was worse than I thought it was gonna be.

''Are going out!''

He looked at me, his face smug and his emerald eyes glistening. Was he happy about this? What is he talking about?

My classmates were silently giggling and whispering to each other smuggly. I haven't even dated anyone before, but last time I checked to date someone 1.  You have to have mutual feelings for each other, like a crush or something like that 2. To be dating you actually have to go out on a date with them and 3. You both have to actually AGREE on dating!

I turned back to face Xavier and his smug smile, does he have any face shape other than the 5 different smug smiles I have seen so far. I suddenly felt mad, surprised, flustered, upset and happy? I am so confused right now but right now I know for sure that I am mad, no I'm Infuriated.

I raise my hand unsure of what I am doing and swing my palm across his face. I slapped him across the face. I felt his soft cheek squish under the wrath of my small hand.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ello! It is me again. Thanks for reading again.

Word count - 1125

(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)ꕥ