Chapter - 2

''The out cast is the one that works hard, the others are just cowards''
- unknown

-𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟 ❦-

I walk into the old brick building known as school, hell, prison what ever you please. There was nothing out of the ordinary, just a normal boring Monday morning.

I turn left through the maze of people and head down towards my classroom on the second floor. I feel my long, wavy brown hair bounce on my back as I stop dead. My big hasel eyes shrink and I feel my feet stop moving

Each guardian has a special type of 'power', (no I can't shoot lasers from my eyes.) It really isn't a power more like a senser boost but that's what they call it. Some guardians can run faster, some have extra good sight. Mine is that I have an extra good smell.

Don't laugh at me! It is quite useful at times... other times not so much.

Everyone has a specific smell that is slightly different from everyone else's. Humans tend to smell like citrus lemons and washing detergent.

Monsters are a lot more interesting, they tend to change depending on their species.

An average class smells like sweat, lemons, and detergent, but as I walk into my classroom door I am hit with an unfamiliar scent.

''Roses and cherry trees'' I whisper under my breath in surprise.

The new scent smells kinda nice well nicer than lemons and detergent.

I snap back into reality and wander over to my seat at the back of the class. I slide into my seat feelimg the old wooden chair shift slighty as it is multiple years old.

During class all my attention is fixed onto the sent I crawl my eyes around the classroom trying to pinpoint whatever or whoever was giving off the strange scent.

Finally my eyes locked onto a unfamiliar boy sitting across from me, with dark brown hair swept to the side of his light pale face in a messy and apathetic fashion, his emerald green eyes sparkled as he wore a smug look on his face.

His eyes locked with mine and I felt a rush of heat. I felt my cheeks burn and my body begins to sweat.

I quickly snapped back into reality and swung my head back to the front of the class, where my teacher was explaining the essay he wanted us to finish and hand up.

'What was that,' I scolded myself quietly under my breath.

➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪➪

After the bell went I slowly stood and made my way out of the class without noticing that my gaze had once again fixed on the mysterious, tall, brown haired boy.

He was tall very tall in fact, probably standing at a good 6.3 and I must admit he was not scrawny or bean like at all, his shoulders were sharp and quiet buff he was abnormally strong and had strong muscles along his biceps.

I remove my gaze again as soon as I realise I was technically checking him out. I turn away and head down the busy corridor to my locker.

''Got crushes already, heh? And it is only my first day.'' I hear behind me in a sarcastic yet soft and curious voice.

I flinch and quickly turn away from my locker, bumping it closed on accident. I find the new boy looking right at me, his brown hair drooping down into his mysterious emerald eyes.

I get a strong whiff of his scent, I find my blood pressure rising and my face heating up like a heater. I calm myself down and look him right in the eyes with the straightest face I could pull.

'' You're.. different...'' I say cautiously still looking into his deep, dark, emerald eyes, I could look into them forever the looked so mysterious and almost sad in a way.

After I finish my strange comment, I watch as his smirk is wiped off his face for a spilt second and replaced with a worried glance then right back to the smart smile he was wearing only seconds earlier.

The once intoxicating halls were almost empty now for everyone had left eager to get home.

''And what do you know?'' he says in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Now I am also smiling,

''more than you would know..'' I scoff, still looking at his deep, secretive eyes.

''Your lucky I am nice, if anyone else knew they would kill you...'' I whisper in his ear with my hand on his broad shoulder and the tips of my old, blue, sneakers next to his new looking, red sneakers.

I feel him flinch. I take a step back and look him straight in the eyes regaining my straight face once again.

''You really are one, they said there was one here.'' He said dead looking me in the eyes, I was surprised by his forwardness.

''The name's Xavier it is a pleasure to finally meet you.'' he says smiling at me with an innocent smile curling up his big red lips, almost cute.

''Mhm. What are you.'' I say bluntly, I am tired and not in the mood to deal with games.

''Shape shifter.'' He says and then proves it by transforming in to a messed up version on me and back to his original form again.

''You moron!'' I say pushing him harshly.

''Don't do that! There are people who will see and we will both be in big trouble! And I do not look like that!''

''Ok, ok now lets go or we will never make it.''
he says as and he grabs my petite left hand and starts dragging me towards the entrance and exit door.

I feel his firm but soft hand clasping around mine. I feel his warmth spread through out me like fuel to a flame, I feel a wave of heat was over me.

''Where are we going!?!? This is kidnapping! I will not stand for this! ANSWER MEEE!!'' I start quietly shouting in alarm trying not to attract to much attention from anyone left in the building.

''God, calm down already. I would have thought a guardian would have more adventure than this.'' he says jokingly but I am tired and not in the mood for this.

As we reach the front steps out side the building, I stop and rip his hand off mine. Instantly missing the warmth

''I never chose this job..'' I say quietly and quickly walk away leaving him there in shock.

After I left I felt a wave of guilt wash over me and bits of anger stuck onto me like sand from the beach.

''He was just playing around.'' I told myself, ''I shouldn't of been so rude to him.''

I stop walking as I reach my apartment block. It was an old block of apartments probably 50 years old or so, but It works and really I can't expect much from the other guardians they have lives too.

I started up the old staircase and quickly made my way up to my apartment on the third floor.

Once I got inside I immediately flopped onto my old second hand couch and pulled out my phone.

I am quite proud of my phone. It is the most expensive thing I own. It took me 2 years to get enough money for it. Who knew, an old Iphone 6 can cost so much money.

3:34. ''At 4 O'clock I will go and work.'' I told myself.

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hi me again, I noticed alot of authors write down at the bottom of the page so I'm gonna too, although I have no idea what to say,

thanks for reading! ▼・ᴥ・▼

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 : 𝟷𝟸𝟿𝟹