Chapter 32

Logan's POV:

"They're late." I huff as I glance towards the clock on the living room wall.

"Logan honey it's only eleven thirty two." Mom says not once glancing away from her phone, probably scrolling through Facebook.

"My point exactly, they are two minutes late. I swear when I get my hands on Matt." I mumble, as I throw my head back on the sofa.

"Logan they are only two minutes late, they're probably stuck in traffic or something." William butts in from his position at the other end of the sofa.

"I'm glad your showing concern son but Matthew is a trusting young man and your best friend, we have nothing to worry about." Dad says as he enters the living room with a bottle of water in hand, handing it to mom as he takes a seat beside her.

Before I get a chance to respond there's a loud knock at the front door causing us all to fall into silence, a couple seconds later Oliver appears from the hallway as he pokes his head into the living room.

"Mom, dad there's two policemen at the door." He says in his usual bored tone.

Although mom and dad were quick to make their way out of the living room, I couldn't help but notice the look they shared with each other before they closed the living room door behind them. A look of what I could only decipher as worry.

"What do you think that's about?" Lucas asks while intently looking towards the closed door as if he can see through it.

"I overheard people at work saying how some people's houses have been getting broken into recently, could be about that." William says with a shrug of the shoulders.

"What did the police say at the door Ol?" I ask Oliver since he was the one who answered the door.

"They just asked if this was the Adams house which I replied yes, they then asked if my parents were in and if they could speak with them." He said as he squeezed himself onto the sofa beside Lucas.

"Must be something important if they are at the door at this time of night." Lucas says as he kicks his legs onto Oliver's lap.

I watch Oliver try to push Lucas's legs off of him while thinking about what Lucas just said.

All of a sudden I start to feel a weird sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

That's when we first heard the loud cry from what sounded like mom coming from the hallway.

"Was that mom?" Oliver asked us as we all went silent.

"I think so." William replied with a worrisome look on his face.

Not wanting to wait any longer to find out I jump up from the sofa and start to make my way to the hallway, ignoring the calls from my brothers.

As soon as I open the living room door I notice the police just leaving while dad is tensely holding a tearful mom in his arms.

"Dad what's wrong?" I ask in shock, the last time I saw mom cry like this was when I was 10 and our grandma passed away.

"T-there's been an a-accident." Mom stutters as she wipes away the stray tears that are rolling down her cheeks.