Chapter 7. Catching Up

WARNING: SUBJECTS OF HARASSMENT INVOLVED AND TALK OF SUICIDE! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Josephine POV:

Kathrine takes my hand leading me to the living room, "so Jo, how are you?" Kat asks me when we take a seat on the couch. She looks slightly nervous when she asks this.

"I'm... I'm doing better than I was," I answer simply, hoping she sees that I don't really want to talk about this subject. Especially not in front of Hero and Felix.

"Hmm," she nods her head slowly as she narrows her eyes at me. "We are talking about this later," she whispers to me. I only have the energy to shake my head in agreement. "So what movie should we watch?" She claps her hands together when she asks, excitement laced in her voice.

I look over to Hero and Felix who have been watching us the whole time; analyzing every move we make. Hero especially looks to be figuring us out with his eyes. Me and him briefly make eye contact before I smile slightly and look back to Kathrine with a smirk.

"How about..." I tap my pointer finger on my chin in thought, "we watch the whole Fast and Furious series?" When we were all growing up; these were are favorite movies to watch.

I get a few loud 'yeahs!' From everyone. I look back to Hero who now has tears in his eyes, I get up and walk over to where he sits in the armchair. I sit down on his lap, and smile when he looks caught off guard "are you okay?" I whisper into his ear.

"Yeah, I am. I'm just really happy," he smiles.

"When did you become so soft?" I joke with a chuckle.

He laughs and throws his head back, "honestly I have no fucking clue."

Both me and Hero look over to see Kathrine and Felix staring at us with their jaws dropped in surprise. Suddenly they start squealing and jumping up and down like little girls at a Justin Bieber concert. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" They start shouting.

"Tone it down will you?" Hero says.

"Are you guys back together?" Felix asks hopefully with his hands clasped together.

Me and Hero look at each other and nod. I lean in a press a quick kiss to his lips. I pull back when I hear two really loud 'awe's'. I giggle and lean into him and he wraps his arms around me.

"That actually reminds me," Felix starts, "me and Kathrine are dating as well," my jaw drops, then I launch myself off off Hero and onto Felix and Kat. I hug them tightly.

"I'm so happy for you guys! I've always shipped you too together!" Now I'm the one jumping up and down while squealing. After a few moments I finally back off.

We all soon get settled in and put on the first movie, a few minutes later I feel the need to use the restroom. I ask Hero where it is and he directs me to it.

When I get into the bathroom, I turn on my phone and I am greeted with thousands of Instagram notifications.

I open one of them up to see a new photo of me and Hero walking into the therapy clinic hand in hand. Oh no...

Suddenly more and more photos are being posted. I look to the comments of one of the photos.

'Ew she's so ugly, why is he with her'

'He is better off with Stacy'

'Maybe he is doing community service by helping mentally ill people'

Those are only the surface of the comments, I go to my DMs to see them being blown up with messages.

'Go kill yourself, you know you aren't good enough for Hero'

'Your just a gold digger that want Hero for his fame and money'

There are so many more messages just like this. I don't realize how hard I'm crying until I hear a knock on the door, "Jo baby, are you okay?" I recognize the voice to belong to Hero.

"Um yeah, I'm fine," I pathetically answer, I realize that I forgot to lock the door once Hero opens it up and steps inside. He wraps his arms around me.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

I don't say anything but just hand him my phone and let him go through both my DMs and the tagged photos. I feel him tense as he still has a arm wrapped around me while the other is viciously scrolling through my phone. "I'm sorry baby," I hear him whisper in a broken voice.

"It isn't your fault Hero," I tell him honestly.

"Yes it is, these are my fans that are doing this to you," he answers back.

"No Hero it's not, these people are choosing to do this. Not you, you didn't tell them to. These are grown people that think it's okay to harass me for loving you." I look him into his eyes. "I think I'm gonna go home, do you maybe want to come and spend the night?" I ask hopefully.

He nods with a smile, "how is it that you can be so mature and understanding about this?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders. I honestly don't even know myself how I am taking all of this so well, I think that I just love Hero so much that it's hard to freak out about this.

We go out to the living room, "hey guys we are gonna go ahead and go to Jo's place. We will see you tomorrow," Hero tells them. They nod with grins and shoo us out.

Somehow I know this is only the beginning.

Note from author❤️:
Short chapter I know, but did you like it?

You know you love me xoxo,
Zoë