𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @storylover12345677

Title: Love Part 2

(Y/n) was confused. She knew what she wanted, so why was it so hard for her to go out and get it? Because of what people would say? No, nobody would know. So, why was it so hard? Oh, yeah. Because of him.

Michelangelo.

She needed to move on, she wanted to. He needed to move on as well, but there was something holding them back. Their past? The two years they'd spent together, laughing and cuddling like it'd be that way forever?

This wasn't a fairytale. (Y/n) and Mikey weren't the perfect couple; they fought and cried, just like people. And just like normal people, they eventually broke up.

No one expected it, to see the day where (y/n) left the lair and Mikey yelled after her, saying she wasn't leaving fast enough. But, why? Why had they broken up so fast? They were so perfect when they were young and (y/n) was in high school. Maybe that's where it went wrong. (Y/n) wanted to travel and Mikey wanted her to move in underground with him.

Honestly, his brothers couldn't blame her. Hence, why they stayed friends after her and Mikey broke up. Mikey begged them to tell her to stay; that she was leaving for college in two months, and they could convince her to stay. Mikey knew nothing could make her stay.

That's all he could think about; her. The tears in her eyes, the frown on her lips as she turned and walked out of his life. His brothers had told him before to let her go, that it was okay and she didn't hold any grudges against the freckled turtle.

They also told him the moment they knew she had found someone else. A guy that she worked with in a local restaurant. They had told him he was a good guy, but Mikey was confused.

If you loved someone, like (y/n) had claimed to love him, how could she move on so fast? It'd been, what, four months since she'd walked out on him? Was it easy for her because she'd left him?

That's why Mikey couldn't answer when his brothers demanded why he'd been distracted enough to let Raph almost get shanked by a Kraang. Raph knew exactly why; he'd been the one to comfort his younger brother after (y/n) left, letting Mikey sob into his shell as he whispered, wondering why she left him when he loved her so much.

Mikey didn't want to see (y/n) again, not even after four months and her finding a new boyfriend. So, when Leo announced she was going to make sure he was still capable of focusing during training, Mikey immediately tried to protest, not expecting to see her walking into the room two minutes later.

Diving into the dojo, he tried ignoring her, punching the bag swinging from the ceiling with precision that took his thoughts away from her. Or so he though. When she touched his arm, his entire world stopped.

All he heard was her voice, all he smelled was her sweet perfume and lotions, all he saw was her, and all he could taste were her lips on his. No, she didn't want him. So, he didn't want her. Right?

"What?" he demanded, coldly, his heart crying out when she flinched back. Ignoring logic and everything his brain was telling him, he reached out for her and pinned her to the wall, looking down at her. He studied her as she looked up at him, cheeks flushed and eyes wide.

Then, their lips met. No.

What?

Where was the spark? Where was the love he'd felt before? He pressed his mouth harder to hers, hoping to feel that spark that he'd loved so much when they'd first met. Instead, all he felt was the pressure of her lips beneath his as she gasped into his mouth.

He would've kissed her until that love came back, but she pushed him away and he stumbled, head cloudy with confusion. Then, he realized he was subconsciously reaching for her, and he froze as she called his name.

He almost broke down as he realized what was going on.

"I'm sorry, but-" she didn't feel the spark either. It was gone. Crawling forward, he smiled sadly at the girl with tears in her eyes.

"I understand," and he did. For once, he knew exactly what was going on. They didn't love each other anymore; the spark of feeling was gone.

"I-I will always-" (Y/n) started, tears streaming down her face as she stuttered out the words she felt the needed to say. Mikey cut her off by putting a hand on her cheek. Tears started falling for him as well as she leaned her face into his palm, sniffing sadly.

"Me too," then, they cried. Together, they let the feelings out. Or rather, they mourned the feeling that wasn't there.

Raph knew exactly what was going on. He knew the struggle they were having. To the other brothers, it looked as if they were sobbing, trying to keep together the loved they had before, but to (y/n), Mikey, and Raph, the two were saying goodbye to the love they once had. 

++++++++++

The first part to this was really a third point of view, (y/n) ig halfway through, but i decided to make this part into a in-depth Mikey pov just to kinda explain the last chapter.

EXPLANATION IF YOU STILL DONT UNDERSTAND: Mikey and the reader dated when they were 16 but broke up 2 years later cuz they didn't want the same things and basically, they kiss to try to bring the spark back but it's gone now and they realize they don't love each other like they used to.

How'd i do? I'm taking a dual credit college class for writing this year and i'm trying to explore my skill more.