Pride - Roman Angst

Roman softly as he walked into his room. Today had been so so busy. Every day for the past month had been torture to live though. Non stop moving, non stop helping, non stop being bullied, everything was crazy.

Monday - 10:36 am

"Hey, Prince Vapid! Get in here for filming, we wanna finish this up!" Virgil called from his place on the stairs. Roman had been just in the kitchen getting a little water.

"Sorry. And I know what that means, Virgil. Vapid means dull, boring, and uninspiring. That's a low blow even for you." Roman muttered, walking into the room and standing in his spot.

"Says the guy who constantly insults me." Virgil replied.

"I''m sorry. And for the record, you never told me they upset you until recently, after which I immediately apologized and stopped." Roman said. Virgil just rolled his eyes and they went back to filming, Roman spreading a fake smile on his face.

~~~~~~

Tuesday - 5:49 pm

"Dinner's ready!" Patton called happily. Virgil and Logan came downstairs immediately, the two chatting until Patton spoke up.

"Where is that prince?" Patton hummed curiously.

"Probably in his room, doing nothing productive." Virgil said, helping Patton set the table. Patton huffed.

"I told him he needs to work and do something good for once." Logan said flatly, clearly not joking.

Roman came downstairs a moment later, sleeves and shirt covered in black ink.

"I'm sorry I was writing and I spilled my ink well." Roman said softly, sitting at the table with his gaze locked on the floor.

"Oh god- Roman you're getting a mess all over the table and chairs! Go change for fucks sake!" Patton said, scowling as he looked at the black ink.

"Sorry oh gosh- i'm so sorry." Roman said, voice cracking a little as his eyes filled with tears.

"Go, dumbass." Logan said, Roman running upstairs quickly.

~~~~~

It had been like that all month. Ever since he had made one mistake, talking to them. All he had asked was for the three light sides to stop insulting him. So instead of apologizing and stopping, they only insulted him worse. Made him feel awful. Because why would they ever apologize? Everything was his fault. Every sentence he had spoken for the last month started with 'i'm sorry'.

Roman sat at his desk, looking at the notebook page full of scratched out ideas. His ink stained hardwood floor and desk. His empty desk other than that notebook and quill. That damn notebook. Full of apparently useless information. Roman suddenly stood up, swiping it all of his desk onto the floor. The ink spilled everywhere and the notebook landed open, crumpling the pages inside and staining them black. Roman slammed his hands down on the desk, looking in the mirror that only showed the reflection of a broken, useless side. Roman picked up the ink bottle and threw it, shattering the mirror. Roman collapsed to his knees in the puddle of spilled ink.

Roman smiled. But not the smile of someone happy. The smile of a broken man with nothing to loose. The ink soaked into his clothes, spreading up until no white remained. Just black, gold, and red. Roman picked up the shards of mirror, grabbing a bottle of superglue.

"I'll show you Creativity." Roman growled. He started his craft, motivated by hatred, by insecurity, by jealousy, by sadness. Motivated by betrayal.

Roman cackled, placing his accessory on his head. His crown made of mirrors, reflecting that which hurt him. Roman stood then, stumbling to the bathroom and gripping the sink counter and looking in that mirror. His eyeliner and mascara running down his face, the lack of anything meanful in his eyes. The way he lost his color, seeming more pale against the dark color of his clothing. He let out the pain, and it came in the form of laughter. Shrieking, cackling laughter. He reminded himself of Azula from Avater the Last Airbender. Crazy, unhinged... insane.

Roman grabbed his sword, carrying it with murderous intent. Logan, Patton, and Virgil were going to pay for what they'd done to him. He instead however, marched towards the dark sides home, their part of the mind. He walked up to Janus, who looked scared. Roman's slightly heeled boots thunked on the floor with his heavy steps.

"Janus, I'd love to join your side." Roman muttered. Janus looked at Roman.

"Roman, what do you-"

"Don't call me that!" Roman yelled, breath hitching.
"That's the name THEY gave me. I don't want anything from them." Roman growled. He put his sword in it's holder.

"You can call me Pride."