Chapter Four「Restriction」

Chapter Four
Restriction

꧁꧂

"You got this, (Y/N)-chan!" Douma cheered from the side as he cooled himself with his gold fan.

The said girl grunted, trying hard to stay focused despite Upper Moon Two's constant yelling. She narrowed her eyes and focused on slowing her breathing. The world then darkened before her, and she entered the see-through-world. She carefully studied Kokushibou's movements, connecting an opening to a form.

Breath of Stars, Seventh Form: Libra's Scales.

In a mad dash, she bolted to the Upper Moon and decreased any of her unnecessary movements to get to the opening in time. With her sense of auras, she began to be able to sense any opening threads of attack, as well as see them with the see-through-world. With a dark, glistening, and starry trail, her body spun in a vertical flip, marking a balanced spiral of attack. Practically the moment after Kokushibou swung his sword down, she managed to slice halfway through his open arm—which, frankly, was way more than she's ever been able to do—before the demon used his other hand to push her back so she fell to the ground.

"You're getting better," he remarked simply, tucking his sword back into his sheath (he never really liked the idea of being the cause to her injuries). "Let's stop here and treat your wounds?"

Before the girl could even attempt to stand, she felt the arms of Douma scoop her up and bring her close to his chest. He happily trotted with her in his arms to the inside of her house, where he made his way into her room.

"Why didn't you bring Rui-kun along this time?" she questioned, turning her head upwards to face the demon.

"Oh! Um," the Upper Moon stuttered. The girl narrowed her eyes at him, noticing his rising panic. "He's busy with a new family member." (Y/N) scoffed at his obvious lie, but let it slide for the time. He carefully placed her down on her futon, and the girl sensed his relief when he she stayed quiet.

Kokushibou waltzed in seconds later, carrying a roll of bandages for her cuts. He knelt by her futon and gently took hold of her arm, beginning to wrap her wounds. He's never this gentle with anything else, she noticed. After every training session with him, she always sensed caution within his aura when he treated her injuries.

"Thank you, shishou," she expressed, to which Upper Moon One only nodded at.

"Y'know," Douma piped up, holding his closed golden fan to his lips to show he was thinking. "That man told us to tell you that you should stay inside your house, and go out less often nowadays."

"Why?" the girl asked.

"You," Kokushibou began to answer, "were spotted with him in Asakusa."