Chapter Eight「Sakura」

Chapter Eight
Sakura

꧁꧂

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for another day?" Shinobu asked worriedly. "Your wounds are still fresh because of the rope yesterday, and your waist and legs are still bleeding."

"I think one night here is enough," (Y/N) waved off. "Plus, I can walk perfectly fine and I've already been gone for two nights. I'd like to think my friends are wondering where I am."

"Alright then," Shinobu agreed—a bit sadly, (Y/N) noted.

Their plan was to ask the Flame Hashira, whose full name (Y/N) found out was Rengoku Kyoujurou, to guide her back to the forest where they fought, so that she could find her way back on her own. Rengoku would agree, Shinobu assured, as long as she was there.

"Shinobu-chan!" a distant voice popped up. Turning to the direction of the call, both (Y/N) and Shinobu found the pink and green haired Hashira from the trial. She was running towards the duo, and since (Y/N) could see her movements, she stepped back as the new girl tackled Shinobu in a hug. "Let's have have a girl's day out today!" she exclaimed excitedly as the Insect Hashira tried to push her off.

"Sure!" Shinobu consented. "Just let me return (Y/N)-san to her home before we go, okay? By the way, (Y/N)-san, this is Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Hashira," she introduced.  "Mitsuri-chan, I'm sure you remember (L/N) (Y/N) from yesterday."

The pink haired Hashira, now known as Kanroji, turned to look the girl she was getting introduced to.

"Oh!" Kanroji gasped excitedly once again. "You! You were so cute and your breath was so pretty!" At this, (Y/N) raised her eyebrow in question.

"Are you not bothered by me?" she confusedly asked, recalling the show she put on during her trial.

"I don't want to be scared of you," the pink and green haired Hashira admitted. "Plus, you're too cute to be scary, and it'd be nice having another girl around here!" With that, she grabbed one of both girls' hands and pulled them along. "You're gonna spend our girl's day out with us before you go, (L/N)-san!"

The cheerful girl eventually dragged both the Insect Hashira and the (H/C) haired girl to a small, nearby village—one that (Y/N) vaguely recognized, for some reason. She remained quiet while Shinobu and Kanroji conversed beside her, listening in on other hushed conversations around the village.

(Y/N) became interested as she felt all sorts of panic, anxiety, fear, and despair pooling all of the auras around her. She heard quiet talks about how the chief of the village's son was killed, how the chief was angry, and—holy shit, she was the one who killed him. The girl inwardly smacked herself for not realizing it sooner.