四十

Chapter Forty「Bloodlust」

Chapter Forty
Bloodlust

꧁꧂

[LOADING GAME]

"How inconceivable," King Kibutsuji began to muse with a slight chuckle, "that your own pieces would turn against each other."

King Ubuyashiki looked down at the checkered chessboard in silent rage, his hands uncontrollably clenched into fists.

"This is all that girl's fault," he seethed out through gritted teeth. "If she never interfered, I would've never taken this loss."

"Perhaps it is karma for sacrificing your son just to get her on your side," the red eyed king taunted mockingly with another dark chuckle. This earned him a deadly glare from the other king across from him. "Tamayo, Yushirou, Tsuyuri, and Hakuji did not even fight back," King Kibutsuji continued with amusement. "They did not want to hurt Kochou and Rengoku," he pondered. "How fascinating."

"Of course they wouldn't," King Ubuyashiki scoffed in annoyance. "They're too nice for that, just like my son I sacrificed." The last words he spoke were quiet, barely even muttered, like he wanted to deny his mess up.

The red eyed King smirked in triumphant, looking down and belittling his opponent.

"Don't act so cocky just yet," King Ubuyashiki sneered.

"Why not?" the other questioned. "It is clear that you have lost the battle."

"I may have lost," King Ubuyashiki breathed out in tenseness, "but that does not mean you will win."

The King's opponent's hand flew directly to his mouth, stifling a laugh he almost let loose. He was surely mocking him, for he felt and seemed like the clear winner.

"I am certain for victory here," King Kibutsuji proclaimed.

King Ubuyashiki argued, "This is not a simple two-way battle." His bold interjection startled his opponent, who was shell-shocked silent. "That girl is a third-party player, meaning that she could be the one to reign victorious."

The red eyed King released a shaky breath of realization—he did not intend for his hands to shake at that statement.

"If I'm going to lose," King Ubuyashiki began quietly, a deadly atmosphere flooding the air.

"Then I am taking you down with me."

[SAVE COMPLETE]

꧁꧂

"Are you sure you are seeing things correctly, Nakime?"

Kibutsuji Muzan raised an eyebrow at his minion, questioning the validity of her observations. Nakime, the biwa demon, now with more blood and power from the demon progenitor, was surveying the outside world.