PROLOGUE

Laurel.Anastacia laurel is the name,20 year old from the South African surburbs.I live in the outskirts of Johannesburg a small town filled with lively people ,where everyone knows everyone.The town is sandwiched between two hills which serve great purpose in the view of the town.There are a couple of mansions and bungalows but also a few shacks here and there.A few markets,town halls and cinemas.Oh and the largest  amusement park i have ever seen lies at the heart of the town.

Everyone seems happy and contended here but if i had to describe this town in summary,'its seen better days' would be my Oscar worthy line.I could say my life here is 'okay' but i would be sugarcoating.Well the truth is i always felt something was missing or is
it forgotten...

I would not describe myself as a drop dead gorgeous kinda girl bt i had subtle beauty.A little above average height,average body size but with a striking figure,long dark hair,dark brown eyes that accentuated my pretty face and dusky skin.But one thing that really stood out about me was my voice."Your voice has the stillness of a calm river and the effect of an erupting volcano."My music teacher would tell me when i performed at school.i was about 8 years at the time and what i drew from miss coline's figurative comments was that i had a beautiful voice  and indeed i do.

I currently work at 'burgs n cakes' restaurant as a waitress. I would have wished to be a famous artist touring the world at my age but wishes ain't horses.So after a failed attempt to release singles or get gigs i resigned to getting a job here."A girl got to do what a girl got to do "I would reassure myself once i went back to my boarding house.i thought to myself 'Just for now...