Part 1

~Alex's P.O.V.~

"Hey kids! We need to talk to you!" Dad yelled. Me, Justin, Max, Harper, and Mason came running down the stairs. Of course, I got the couch and Mason sat beside me.

"Fine. I will be the responsible child and stand." Justin says when Max takes the recliner and Harper sits on the coffee table. Everyone just shrugs which makes Justin mad. But he doesn't do anything about it.

"Me and your father are going on a vacation. Which means Justin is in charge and no one throws a party! Only Harper and Mason are allowed over." Mom says.

"So, absolutely no fun?" I ask.

"Pretty much." Dad says. Then he walks out. We're left in the living room to think.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I gotta go." Harper said after a long moment of awkward silence. She gets up and runs out the door.

~*~*~*~*~

The next day, mom and dad leave on their trip. Justin gets all bossy because he's "in charge".

"Justin," I whine.

"What?" Justin mocks my tone.

"Can I go do something fun?" I whine.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm in charge."

"Yeah right. Unless you can prove to me mom and dad said you were in charge, I'm going." I say.

"Um love, your parents did say he was in charge." Mason says.

"You're no help." I say as I throw my head back.

"Sorry." Mason mumbles. Justin goes upstairs and I turn on some t.v.

"What's going on?" Max asks.

"We're watching t.v." I state.

"Cool." Max says.

"You know, sometimes I get the feeling you're lazy." Mason tells me.

"Eh. It's not exactly that I'm lazy, I just don't care about doing things." I shrug. We finish our movie and Justin still isn't home.

"So, now what?" Mason asks.

"I don't know. What if we go walk around the Transylvania woods." I suggest.

"And you really think that's a good idea?" Mason asks.

"Never hurts to be curious and do stupid things." I tell him.

"Actually, it does." Mason says.

"Well, not anymore. Come on." I say. I pull him off the couch and we head to the Transylvania woods.