Part 3

~Justin's P.O.V.~

I wake up on the couch. Wait, why am I on the couch? Ooo! The newest edition of 'Nerd Daily'. Max comes down and gets something to eat.

"Where's Alex?" Max asks.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"I thought you were going to go save her and Mason from the Translyvania woods since it's a lunar eclipse." Max says.

"Shoot!" I say and hit my forehead. "I completely forgot! But I can't find my wand."

"Oh, about that. It got in the laundry so, here it is." Max says. He throws me a broken wand and runs upstairs.

"Max!" I yell.

~Alex's P.O.V.~

What looks like a possessed werewolf jumps out at us. I scream and jump towards Mason.

"Calm down, lady wizard. I'm a friend." the wolf says.

"Sorry, you scared me." I say relaxing. However, I can tell Mason doesn't trust him by the way he's holding onto my hand like if he lets go, I'll vanish into thin air.

"How can we trust you?" Mason asks.

"If I was a possessed werewolf, I would have eaten or killed you by now." the wolf says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "By the way, my name's Howey."

"I'm Alex and this is Mason." I smile.

"Alex, we can't trust him." Mason whispers.

"Seriously? Man, that hurts!" Howey says putting his hand over his heart.

"Alright. But if you do anything stupid, she's the family wizard and I'm easily angered." Mason tells him. Howey nods and we carefully walk through the woods.

"So, tell me about yourselves. What do you like to do? What's your favorite color? How powerful exactly is Alex?" Howey asks.

"Alright, a little too weird." Mason says. I squeeze his hand and he shuts up.

"I'm sorry. So Alex..." Howey starts. Me and Howey talk for a while until it drives Mason insane.

"Enough! This is driving me insane." Mason says.

"Wait!" I say. I raise my hand and we listen. A twig snaps and a vampire flies overhead.

"Duck!" Mason yells. He pulls me down and we fall to the ground. The vampire drops over us and lands on the ground.

"Juliet?" I ask.