💞New Book Alert 💞

Hello my lovely readers , this update is to inform you of my new book; Lara's Rose.

The prologue is already out and I'm willing to hear what you think. So when you're done here,  go over to my profile @Sophieona  and check it out. 

Lemme give you the prologue so you can enjoy

Saying I didn't know something was wrong between Femi and I was like saying I didn't notice the round black patch on my white skirt which I got burnt the previous week while ironing it but I chose to ignore whatever signs that showed something was wrong.

Femi had been in London for a little over a year to further his education in Business Administration. He had told me many times that the course was his father's choice as he wanted to be an actor. Not surprisingly, while he was in London, he got himself involved in some stage plays while in London and of course, his father was furious.

I laughed as I thought about him and  continued arranging my house for his visit. Well, the house was not mine alone because I shared the one bedroom apartment with my friend Edidiong. The place was comfortable enough for two of us and easy to maintain so I was content and since I was hardly lonely, I had no regrets about the place.

Edidiong was out for the day saying she wanted  Femi and I to have some privacy. I first begged her "No, don't worry" but she stood her ground and honestly, I was very happy. My phone rang and I picked it up from the centre table.

Femi.

I answered the call and my voice showed less enthusiasm than I liked but I cared less "Hello Femi "

"Lara, I'm outside" His voice had a slight British accent and I smiled

Just one year o.

"Okay, I'm coming " I quickly went out of the apartment to bring Femi in.  Since it was his first time visiting, I didn't want him going from flat to flat until he found mine. I opened the compound gate and sure enough, there he was leaning on his car.

I ran into his arms and we both laughed. We didn't say anything at first, we just stood hugging and smiling. I didn't realise how much I had missed him. I looked up at him,
"Did you miss me? " He laughed but it was not his usual loud laughter but a chuckle.

"At least let's go inside"

"Okay " Before long, we were in my apartment. After locking the door, I spread my arms "Here's my hideout "
He chuckled again.

"Please sit "

He sat and looked around a little and nodded as if to say he approved. He looked better somehow, he didn't put on too much weight just muscles and thankfully, no beard. He looked fresh as if London had done him something good.

Still he didn't look to excited,  rather he looked at me with longing and sadness mixed together like he had something to say but couldn't or wouldn't.

Finally, he spoke "Lara, I'm -" He stopped suddenly

"You're what?"

When he didn't answer , I pressed on "Soro "

"We need to talk"

I had a feeling this wouldn't be good. At all.

Hope you enjoyed it.
So in the spirit of enjoyment, go over there, vote, comment and share.

Thanks lovelies 😙😙