ᴠɪ

❛ the master of spin has a couple side flings ❜

blood.

she hated the smell of blood.

metallic and sharp and suffocating, but the look of it was pretty, a slow crimson rain, the shimmering life force that kept everyone alive, alive, alive.

alive, but she couldn't breathe, couldn't breathe, because of the metallic taste left on her tongue, because of how it smelled, because of the memories that flashed in her mind.

her broken, broken mind.

the day she'd caught him, she bled.

she caught him and his friend – just a friend, he'd said, just a goddamned friend, but she knew better now – in a closet, a fucking supply closet in the fucking hallway, and she'd stood there by the door with her hands clenched into fists, fists so tight her fingernails had broken the skin of her palms, and they were slick with that pretty, pretty crimson, dripping with it, dripping with that metallic-smelling blood, suffocating her as she listened to him say he loved her, loved his just-a-goddamned-friend.

you love me, she wanted to scream, you love me, you said you love me.

lies, lies, lies.

but she knew. she knew better now. mad, perhaps, but she wasn't fucking stupid. she knew better now, she would always know better now.

mad, but not stupid.

not stupid.