Chapter Fifteen: Ice Skates

It is 8 days until the dance and 9 days until they graduate Hogwarts.

Ginny shook Hermione vigorously until she woke up from her deep sleep. Hermione stared at Ginny in confusion. "Hermione! Someone used a spell to make it Winter at Hogwarts! Even the Black Lake is frozen over!" Hermione sat up in surprise. She pulled her sweatshirt down so that it was covering her shorts as she hopped out of the bed and ran to a window. She had to drag a small stool over to the window, due to its height. She peered out the window. Snow covered the window completely. She couldn't even see over it. She hurriedly pulled on a sweater and leggings. Ginny threw a pair of white ice skates at her. "Where in the world did you get these, Gin?" Hermione asked as she examined the ice skates. "Harry gave both of us a pair." Ginny explained as she pulled a pair of red ice skates onto her own feet. Hermione quickly rifled through her drawers until she found her socks. Then, she pulled the ice skates on. Hermione paused. "How do we walk in these things?" She asked Ginny as a horrified expression crossed her face. Ginny stood up, quivering the entire time, and stamped her foot on the ground. The blades of the skates dissapeared. Hermione tried her best to copy her best friend but only succeeded in falling on her butt rather ungracefully. Hermione huffed irritably as Ginny laughed at her annoyed expression. Hermione stood back up and tried again. This time she managed to do it without falling. But she did shake terribly. The girls quickly rushed downstairs and ran through the halls until they made it outside. Draco and Harry were waiting for them by the Black Lake. "Morning, beautiful." Draco said happily as Hermione tried her best to subdue her bush of hair. Eventually, Ginny noticed her friend's struggles and whipped her wand out. She flicked her wrist at Hermione's hair silently. Hermione's hair rearranged itself into a messy bun. "Thanks, Gin!" Hermione said appreciatively. Ginny nodded. "Don't mention it." Soon, Harry and Ginny were ice skating across the large lake. "Would you like to skate with me?" Draco asked quietly as he wrapped an arm around Hermione's waist. Hermione bowed her head as the shame sunk in. "I can't skate." She admitted quietly. Draco smiled. He turned so that his back was facing her. "Hop on." Hermione grinned. She climbed swiftly onto his back. He popped the blades of his skates out and then he took off on the ice. Draco was incredibly good. He didn't even tremble with all the extra weight on his back. Hermione loved it. It was so exhilarating.