Chapter Two

After getting settled in, Aang exited his room and walked into the living room/kitchen area to see a couple new guys sitting on the couch with Sokka.

One had long black hair, tan skin and green eyes. The other was pale and had amber eyes with black hair and a burn scar on his left eye.

"Aang! This is Haru and Zuko, they live across from us." Sokka said introducing the three boys to each other.

Haru stood up and held out his hand, "Nice to meet you." He said as Aang shook his hand.

Zuko noticed his tattoos, "You're an Airbender?" He asked as Aang and Haru sat down.

"Yeah." Aang answered feeling a little uncomfortable under Zuko's stare.

"Don't mind Zuko." Sokka said when he noticed Aang tensing up, "He might be a little intimidating, but he's harmless."

Zuko glared at Sokka. Aang felt his muscles loosen and he smiled.

"So, Aang. Where're you from?" Sokka asked

"Um...pretty much everywhere. I've never really settled down anywhere. This would be the first place honestly." Aang explained

"I have heard that Airbenders are world travellers." Haru said

"Airbenders can be anything. But they do mainly go into careers that involve traveling. The ones I've lived with are archaeologists. Gyatso just recently retired so we moved here."

"Who's Gyatso?" Haru asked

"My guardian."

"What happened to your parents?" Zuko asked

The smile faded from Aang's face. He didn't want to relive that day. Sokka could tell he didn't want to talk about it, so he changed the subject, "What's it like being an Airbender?"

Aang's face lit up again. He told them all about the Airbending culture. When he got to the vegetarian lifestyle Airbenders have, Sokka gave a loud gasp.

Both Zuko and Haru rolled their eyes. They explained Sokka's love of meat to him. Aang nodded understandingly then explained that he still eats dairy. Sokka was able to get over it after Aang told him that.

After a while of chatting, Sokka checked the time and stood up stretching, "We should get going. The girls are probably waiting for us." He said

Zuko and Haru stood up. As the three boys walked to the door, Aang remained sitting. He felt he would be intruding on their time with their friends.

"Aang aren't you coming?" Sokka asked causing Aang to look up.

"I don't want to intrude." Aang replied

"You won't be. Come on."

Aang stood up and walked over to him. Sokka wrapped an arm around his shoulders as they walked out, "You're one of us now." He said.

Aang smiled as they walked down the hall.

Katara, Toph, Suki and Mai sat in the Jasmine Dragon waiting on the boys. Katara had just finished telling Suki and Mai about the boy with grey eyes.

Suki was really excited and curious. Mai was too, though she didn't show it.

"To bad you didn't get his number." Mai said before taking a sip of her tea.

"I know! It was so stupid of me! And this is a big campus so the chances of running into him are slim." Katara said as she stirred sugar into her tea.

"Actually, I think the chances are pretty high." Suki said.

Katara looked up and saw her brother walking over with Zuko and Haru. And with them was Aang, the boy with grey eyes.

"Aang?" Katara said once they got to the table.

"Katara?" Aang replied in surprise

"You two already know each other?" Sokka asked surprised

"Yeah, I bumped into her when I got here. Literally."

"Oh. Well, Aang this is Mai, my girlfriend Suki, Toph, and you already know my sister Katara."

"Sister. That's why Sokka's eyes looked familiar." Aang thought

He smiled at the girls, "Nice to meet you."

"Katara said you were an Airbender. Guess that explains why I didn't see you coming." Toph said as the boys sat down. Sokka sat next to Suki and Aang sat inbetween him and Katara. Zuko sat next to Mai and Haru sat in between Zuko and Toph.

Aang was confused until he noticed her eyes, "Oh, you're blind."

Toph nodded, "I'm an Earthbender. I see by feeling vibrations in the ground and can sense heartbeats."

"That's cool!" Aang said with a smile, "Airbenders are light on their feet, so yeah, that does explain why you didn't see me coming."

Toph smirked, "I like you Twinkletoes."

"Twinkletoes?" Aang asked a bit confused

"She gives nicknames to everyone. I'm Cherry." Suki explained

"You'll probably never hear your actual name come out of her mouth." Haru added

"Pretty boy's right." Toph said

The waitress came by to get everyone's order. After everyone ordered and the waitress left, Sokka spoke up, "Time to compare schedules."

Everyone pulled out their schedules simultaneously. Aang had almost forgotten about his which was in his pocket.

Aang examined his schedule and gave a quiet breath of relief. The only thing suspicious about it was his fifth period bending, but it would be pretty easy to explain why he had a bending class after lunch. Iroh is quite a miracle worker.

"Can I see your schedule?" Katara asked. Aang nodded and handed over his schedule.

"We have a few classes together. Second period science, fourth period history, sixth period art. We even have lunch together." Katara said before she saw his fifth class, "Why do you have fifth period bending? Bending classes are only first and second period."

"Um... well being they don't have an Airbending class here, they have to bring in someone and I guess that's the only time they'll make it." Aang replied, which wasn't entirely a lie.

Katara nodded, "Makes sense." She said and handed him back his schedule.

After a long while of talking, eating, and drinking tea, Toph gave a big yawn. Everyone took that as a sign that it was time for bed. As everyone stood up and began to leave, Katara stopped Aang before he was out the door.

"Hey, I didn't get your number before." She said

"Oh yeah." He replied

They each took out their phones and exchanged numbers. Then, they waved bye as each of them left and headed to their dorm rooms.

After getting showered, Aang laid down in his bed. He took out his phone to text Gyatso a goodnight when he saw he already had a text. It was from Katara, telling him goodnight.

He smiled and texted her back before texting Gyatso. He placed his phone on the bedside table before turning over to sleep.

Aang thought of the new friends he made that day and knew his time at Four Nations Academy was going to be a blast.

If only he knew what was coming in his future....