Forkle Fashion

Sophie's POV

"Didn't Dad already mention something about giants teaming up with the Neverseen?" I asked Percy. He snapped his head up to me from his relaxed position on the couch, and I watched the recognition dawn on his face.

"Gods, I forgot about that," Percy whined, rubbing a hand down his face.

"And here we thought Percy finally learned to use his brain," Jason joked and everyone started laughing. Percy dropped his arm from around Annabeth to cross his arms and huff.

"Alright, guys, knock it off," Leo chipped in, holding up his arms to quiet everyone down.

"Thanks, man-."

"I never thought he had one to begin with," Leo finished, cutting Percy off. Everyone's laughter magnified, while Percy's face grew red in frustration.

"Anyways," I said once everyone's laughter started to die down again. "It's getting late, so we should all try to get some rest while we can.

"Tomorrow, I'll call up the rest of Team Valiant to go over some Council-appointed stuff, meet with Mr. Forkle to discuss possible Neverseen hideouts that we can trace, and try to beat Dimitar in a fight. The rest of you guys need to start training together. Make sure no one follows you guys to the meadow when you go, we don't need a repeat of . . . that," I finished, cringing at the memory of Gethen, Ruy, and Umber ambushing Fitz, Grizel, Sandor, and I at the training place in the dunes.

I nervously picked an eyelash and looked over at the still-arguing adults. Mr. Forkle looked as if he had calmed down from his sudden outburst at Alden, Edaline and Grady still looked crushed, Della seemed furious about something, and Alden was basically emotionless. Sandor and Ro stood impassively at the sidelines.

Focusing my attention back on the group around me, I turned just in time to see everyone finally nod at my plan. Keefe gently tightened his arms around me to get my attention.

"Foster, do you mind if I crash at Havenfield tonight?" he whispered nervously.

"Of course," I said softly. "Is it because of your dad?"

"No," he started, looking away, then bit his lip and looked down at me with a determined expression. "I just want to make sure you and your parents are safe."

My heart melted at the gesture and I eagerly nodded my head with an ear-splitting grin. I pecked his nose, before standing up from his lap.

"We should probably work out sleeping arrangements. Keefe, Annabeth, Percy, and I can sleep at Havenfield, if that's okay with my parents," I suggested, peeking over at the adults. Edaline and Grady nodded their heads as if they were in a daze, and I felt something in me snap at their defeated looks.

"The rest of the demigods, plus Linh and Tam, can stay here," Biana pitched in, knowing Everglen was fully-equipped to handle all the people.

Everyone started to get up from their resting positions, looking between Biana and I as if we held all the secrets in the world.

Dex stood up as well, with his home crystal extended, ready to leave return home. "I should probably head back, too, before my parents get too worried."

We all waved as he left for Rimeshire.

Biana and Fitz led the demigods, besides Percy and Annabeth, Linh, and Tam to their rooms for the night, while the rest of us walked over to the adults' conversation.

They abruptly stopped talking as we joined them and plastered fake smiles on their faces. I narrowed my eyes at their actions, but said nothing.

Mr. Forkle made me promise to update him on the duel with Dimitar, wished me luck, and said that he'd let me know if he found anything important involving the Neverseen base. He leaped away to an unknown location, with a curt goodbye; in Forkle Fashion.