Sunrise

Tam's POV

I didn't shower or change my clothes before I went to bed. I didn't want to risk a glance in the bathroom mirror to see That Boy's eye color in my hair.

However, I did hail Grady to change our plan of how we kill Keefe is he ever hurts Sophie. He enthusiastically agreed to the small, but important change.

I'm gonna die his hair black and give him silver-tipped bangs, first. So, thanks for the idea, Mophead.

I made sure to make the call when Linh was in the shower, though. If she heard Grady's and my plan, she would have made me buy her another pet.

And, I don't have the patience to deal with another fur ball.

I had swiftly ended the Imparter call as soon as I heard the shower switch off, and sunk deeper into the huge bed. I dozed off before Linh exited the bathroom.

Darkness swallowed my mind, and I welcomed the coldness like an old friend.

***

A blaring noise woke me up from my deep slumber. I thought that something was wrong, so I immediately pushed the covers off me, which was a mistake.

The second the covers were off, a foul-smelling, wet substance fell from the ceiling and piled on me. I didn't even have time to recover from the attack, when something else fell.

I couldn't even open my eyes, because I didn't want to get any of the wet stuff in my eyes, but I really needed to make sure Linh was okay.

Blindly reaching forward with my hands, I felt for the covers that I'd threw off me. I dabbed my eyelids with the soft material and opened my eyes.

My body was covered in glittery Alicorn poop and neon dinosaur feathers.

I viciously grabbed a clean side of the sheets, not even registering Linh's absence, and cleaned around my mouth.

I'm not sure if I can even wait for Grady in order to murder Keefe.

"KEEFE SENCEN, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

It took me a couple of seconds to realize that Fitz shouted that, and another couple of seconds to acknowledge the fact that Keefe probably pranked everyone else.

Not if I get there first, Wonderboy.

Sophie's POV

"Why is Fitz so mad, didn't you just die his hair teal, or something?" I asked, confused and scared by Fitz's reaction. I jumped out of Keefe's arms the second I heard that shout.

Keefe slowly got up out of bed and stood up. He scratched the back of his neck, looking down at his feet, before looking back up at me with a guilty smile.

"Yeah, I did that . . . But, I also died his eyebrows teal, and . . . possibly . . . his skin?" he twiddled with his fingers as he questionably responded to my question.

"I-," I tried to sound even remotely mad, before I let out a breath. "I'm not even surprised."

And with that, I open the door using telekinesis and levitated him out the door to face his best friend.

That's punishment enough.

Fitz's POV

"KEEFE SENCEN, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

Little Empath jerk probably felt my anger from the safety of his room with Sophie, too.

I stormed out of my bathroom, knocking the door against the wall, and marched out of the door to my room. Biana, Dex, and Percy and Jason were . . .