Three

Ozpin was not feeling well. A few days ago he received some reports about a weird grimm without any masks or bones.

Normally it wasn't a problem, as it just means that the grimm was just a newborn and still hasn't formed a mask and bones.

But this one is far from newborn. According to the source, this grimm was at least five meters tall and ten meters long, its eyes were purple instead of red.

And the worst and confusing part is....It has aura! A purple aura! When he first read the report he almost laughed at the sheer impossibility of a grimm like that.

But then he saw it on a picture, it was true! His friend, Ironwood quickly deleted all pictures that was posted on the net. How would people react if they found out that grimms can now use aura?

Just imagining it caused the old headmaster headache.

'Just how did you do it?!'

He was thinking of his ex-wife, how did she do the impossible and gave grimm aura? How many grimms have an aura? How strong are they?

Suddenly, the elevator of his office opens, and three people walks in. A woman with blonde hair holding a riding crop, a man with red cape, and a man wearing a white suit.

He dropped the files on the table and greeted his friends with a smile. "James, Qrow, glad you could make it."

"Well...its not like I have time to drink because there's not a weird grimm that can use aura wandering in Mistral." Qrow said, sarcastically and took out a flask and drank from it.

"Qrow!" Glynda frowned, they already have more problems that they can deal with, and here he is, drinking while they were having a meeting.

"What? I'm so sober that I started to hallucinate of a grimm having a FUCKING AURA! Maybe if I get drunk everything will return to normal, well as normal as it could get."

"Ozpin, do you have any idea about this? Grimms are soulless creatures, they aren't supposed to have aura." Said Ironwood, ignoring Qrow, in normal times he would've argued with him, but even he somewhat agreed, a grimm having an aura is so impossible that it might have been just a hallucinations.

"I have no idea James...I have been fighting her for so long and this is the first time something like this happened. And it seems like the only sighting of that grimm is in Mistral, but why-....?" Ozpin's eyes suddenly widened in realization.

"What is it Ozpin?" Ironwood asked. He was carefully observing him that he noticed Ozpin suddenly having a look of realization.

"The spring maiden..."

"The spring mai-?...Ohhh. Damn it! So she finally started to move! We need to tell Leo quick!"

Ozpin sighs as he realized one more thing, "If she only send that grimm in Mistral for the spring, means that she already knew who or where the rest of maides are."

Glynda, Ironwood and Qrow were stunned after hearing this. Its bad enough that a grimm with aura appeared, now it turns out that Salem knew the locations and identity of the maidens.

"Or we are just paranoid and she plan to search for them one by one. But I'm sure that its not the case. We need to call the maidens and make them stay at the academy, we don't know if they will be attacked, but let's just prepare for the worst."

Ironwood nodded and said, "The winter maiden is still in our facility. She is already too old and can barely move, we need to find a suitable host after her."

Glynda narrowed her eyes as she looked at Ironwood. "From your tone, it seems to me that you already have someone in mind."

"I do. She just recently joined the Special Operatives, she's a genius in combat, she can easily fight her seniors."

Qrow scoffed, "And, pray tell, who is this 'genius' you thought planned to be the host?"

"Winter Schnee."

"Winter Sch-...the Ice Queen?! Tinman you're joking right!? She's a Schnee! What about her jackass of a father?! If something happened then-"

"Winter is one of my best and loyal men, she will never use her maiden powers for selfish reasons!" Ironwood said as he glared at Qrow.

Qrow also glare back but quickly sigh. He threw his hands in the air and said, "Fine! Do what you like! Don't say I didn't warn you! As loyal as she is, she's still a Schnee, daughter of that jackass, don't go crying on us if one day she decided to go rogue and leave."

"That will never happen."

"We'll see, we'll see."

Ozpin sighed. The two of them were always at each others throat. He can understand Qrow's worry, so he looked at Ironwood and said. "Just like what Qrow said, please make sure that your subordinate is loyal before telling her James."

Ironwood wanted to argue, but understood their worry, so he sighed and nodded. "Understood Oz, don't worry."

"Hmm. Glynda, please inform miss Autumn and Shade's Headmistress about this will you? Call the maiden assigned to her, and make sure she is protected. And Qrow, please head to Mistral, tell your sister that Salem is after the spring, maybe then she will tell us where the maiden is."

Glynda nodded, while Qrow just sighs. "I don't even know if Raven knows, and even if she did, I'm not so sure if she'd be willing to tell us that without fighting her, and I'm damn sure I wouldn't beat her."

"Qrow."

"Fiiine~! I'll go! I'll go! Jeez, don't be so pushy." Qrow sighed. Well, looks like he will get his ass kicked again. Even though others were saying that he and his sister were equally strong and skilled, he knew that Raven can easily kick his ass.

Ozpin smiled, "Thank you."

At the corner of the room, a fly was listening to their conversation. It was not an ordinary fly, as it is pure black with purple eyes, if you don't look closer you wouldn't even know that is fly is different.

At the eyes of the fly, you can see figure. A man with white hair and blood red eyes, looking at the people in the room with a mocking expression.