Eight

"Ozpin! This is definitely dangerous! Those new grimms are much stronger and even smarter than normal! It will take at least a team huntsmen to take one down! And that is if it was a beowolf!" Said Glynda as she slammed her hands on Ozpin's table.

Ozpin frowned but did not say anything. It was few days ago that a new grimm began to appear.

These one wasn't the same as the one with the aura as they looked exactly like a normal grimm, with only difference are the colors.

Unlike other grimms the new one were dark purple, with black masks and bones and golden eyes. The first time these grimms were discovered was when a huntsman was on a mission in Mistral, he encountered a purple manticore, he managed to take a picture and send it to a fellow huntsmen before he was killed.

When Ironwood heard of this he mobilized small group of Atlasian soldiers and send it to where the purple grimm was discovered.

They didn't came back.

Knowing that this grimm was a dangerous, Ironwood send a team of Special Operatives, with a team of huntsmen from Mistral and searched for this grimm.

At least half of them died before they managed to kill it. After that, they thought that it was one of its own, but after the manticore, several sightings of grimms were also reported.

There are purple beowolf, purple ursa, purple nevermore, purple griffon, purple goliath, purple manticore, and purple geist.

They have lost several hundreds of men just taking down those grimms. The only good news was the purple grimms were scarce but they are still a problem.

Ozpin massaged his forehead as he began to think of his ex-wife. He wondered if she gotten stronger to create a more powerful grimm.

He was getting anxious, especially since the Fall maiden was still out of reach. Amber was always traveling so it was hard to track her down, he just hoped that Salem still haven't found her.

"Let's calm down for now Glynda and think rationally-"

"I can't calm down Ozpin! Many lives were already lost! We can't just sit back here and watch!"

Ozpin took a deep breath and stared at his assistant. "Then what do you plan to do? Hunt down those grimms yourself?"

"I-"

"Aside from warning the huntsmen to go on teams, and train the students into becoming a much better huntsmen, there is nothing we can do."

"Then about what James said? Researching on strengthening a Huntsmen's aura? That project is just morally wrong! They need to stop that!"

At this, Ozpin once again released a sigh. He couldn't agree more, the Aura Evolution project was really morally wrong.

They have sacrificed many lives to this research. Ozpin can understand that with this strengthened grimm they also needed a strengthened huntsmen.

And the only way to do that is by hellish training or by experiments. They also needed a stronger weapons and equipments.

Training will take too long, and who knew how many lives will be lost before they have a huntsman that can contend against the purple grimms.

But in this project, it will be easier. True many lives be lost for this project to progress, but once it was done it can easily be mass produced.

Ozpin sighed, "You know I can't do that Glynda. James will do whatever he believes is right for humanity, no matter how much he has to sacrifice."

Glynda just gritted her teeth before leaving the office. Ozpin sighs and rubbed his forehead.

--------------------------------