Part 1: Hogwarts is Home

Harry POV.

I was walking through the train trying to find an empty compartment. I didn't feel like sitting with Ron and Hermione. I was sporting a couple of visible scratches and bruises because of the stupid Dursleys and I really needed sleep so I decided to sit alone so I don't bother them.

I've been having nightmares lately and can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes the image of Cedric's cold, lifeless body burns the back of my eyelids. It haunts me every night and I was really lacking sleep. The dark circles under my eyes were evidence enough but my sluggish movements made it easy to notice.

I was still looking for a compartment and thought I saw one but internally groaned when I saw my enemy/secret crush, Draco Malfoy. Now I know you're all probably thinking 'What? Harry Potter likes Draco Malfoy?' Yes, I do. Ever since I first met him actually. I really regret not being friends with him, I could have been his friend, or maybe more, long ago.

I pulled my hood farther over my face as I slid the compartment door open slowly."Hey Malfoy, can I sit here?" "Everywhere else is full." I asked calmly. He glared at me, replying with an annoyed, "Whatever Scarhead" I slipped in, sitting on the opposite side against the window. I thought I felt someone staring at me so I turned my head to see him glaring at me. I blushed slightly. "What are you staring at Malfoy." I asked. He just snarled at me and went back to the book he was reading. 'No snarky comeback?' I thought. Oh well, at least I don't have to fight with my crush on my first day back.

We arrived after a while and shared a glance. Our eyes locked and I felt my face heat slightly as I looked the other way quickly, walk at a faster pace. I sat down across from Ron and Hermione when I reached the Great Hall, throwing on a fake smile at their greetings and pushed the food on my premade plate of food around. *Sigh* 'This was going to be a long year of faking.'

Thank you so much for reading!  :3 Please give me your opinion and any constructive criticism, it'll help the story. I also wanted to let you guys know that this is a slowish burn so bear with me pls. Thx! ;3