Dick

Chapter 4: Dick

The beautiful gif above was made by the amazing WILDFLOWERLUKE!

~SiriusCatBennett

⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈⎈

The Boneyard. The one place in OBX that brought together all the pieces of the island. You had the Pogues; the working class, the poor. The ones that lived on The Cut making a living off minimum wage jobs or illegal activities. Obviously, the ragtag group of teenagers bore the name Pogue. And with pride. Then there were the Kooks; the Pogue's arch enemy. The rich, prestigious bunch of the island. Figure Eight housed their expensive cars and private school kids that would be raised with mansions on every coast. Lastly, were the Tourons. That's what the tourists were called. Families that had no idea what the area actually offered. Seeing as most Pogues and Kooks would rather die than touch, the inhabitants of the island often went after the willing tourists to satiate their teenage horomones. This included the group of Pogues that didn't have many options with the addition of a strict 'No Pogue on Pogue Macking' rule within their friend group.

Now, this didn't always mean that everyone got along at The Boneyard. The little spot on the beach had seen its fair shair of fighting and verbal confrontations. Sometimes CJ wished everyone would just get along but others she reveled in the fighting. The Kooks were pigheaded assholes and she enjoyed punching them in the face almost as much as her brother did. For the most part, the Tourons were really the only thing keeping the arguments at bay. As long as everyone kept their focus on getting some and mingling, things were usually fine. Until someone lost their focus. Like right now.

"Back off, Topper." 

"Yo, buddy, what seems to be the problem?" JJ walked up, head cocked in the Kook's direction. The boy had left to get beer for his sister and John B, coming back to the three in some sort of confrontation. 

"No problem, JJ." 

"Oh, I don' know about that." He said, looking between his family members tense expressions as he passed them red solo cups. "Looks like a problem. Looks like you're in my sister's face." 

Topper snickered, a smirk on his face as the last two Pogues noticed the commotion. Smiles wiped off their faces, they stood from their places on driftwood and hurried over to the group. "Yeah, you always let your sister run around dressed like that?" 

"Oh, you mean like half the island?" JJ questioned sarcastically, a cheeky smile on his face as he gestured around at the group of people. "She can make her own decisions."

"Can she, though?" Topper questioned snarkily, getting closer to JJ. "I mean, do you two even have any brain cells?" 

Sick and tired of the rich boy's shit, CJ shoved him back. He stumbled, face full of mockery as his beer spilled. "Go the fuck back to your girlfriend, Topper." 

"What? You don't want to tell your brother the "issue" we were having?" 

"Topper." 

"Oh, come on, you're practically asking for it. Don't tell me you didn't notice your outfit. I mean, I burned my clothes from that night, but you just don't have that kind of money do you?" Topper's eyes were narrowed, head cocked as he leered closer. John B had partially stepped in front of the girl, looking warily around at the people gathering. "Or maybe, you just kept it to remember me by. What'd you think would happen? I'd see you like that and leave my super hot, rich girlfriend to fuck you again? I'm not that drunk." 

Time stood still after the last words fell from Topper's lips. For CJ, it felt like years but was only seconds. Every person there, including the three people she never wanted to know, turned to stare at her. The only one that didn't was the only other person that knew. The person that jumped straight for the Kook, fist slamming into his face when he processed what he'd said.