BREAKING EVEN

(Taehyung's POV)

She won't answer my calls and the messages that I send never go through.

11 Months, that's how long it's been since Anna disappeared from Seoul without a trace. 

I tried to respect her space for the first few days after she left, thinking that I'd call one day, she'd answer and we would work things out like we always did.

 Everything would be fine again . 

But it wasn't like that this time.

"This way please, Mr. Kim..." a bodyguard ushers me towards a waiting car as I emerge from my dressing room. 

The one person I would have wanted to be here today isn't. This whole day feels pointless.

I re-place my phone discreetly into a jacket pocket of the grey tailored suit I'm wearing, feeling exasperated by yet another un-answered call and unseen message.

She must have changed her number. There's no way that she would see me trying to reach her and not pick up, not my Anna. She would never do that. 

I hated to see our relationship reduced to this after all that we had been through together. 

For two years I fought harder for Anna's love than I have ever fought for anything in my entire life! Then when I finally had her, everything just slipped away from me again without warning. 

Why?

There must be more to the story. A deeper reason behind why Anna left me so suddenly. 

Yes, we had our fair share of struggles like any other couple but Anna loves me, I know she does.

Sinking into the privacy of the vehicle, I'm surprised to meet another occupant inside. 

The roughness of her sequinned evening gown brushes unpleasantly against my hand as I sit down.

"Im Ji-nah!" I gasp. I wasn't expecting to see her until we arrived at the premier.

"Hi Taehyung, I hope you don't mind. The company said it would be better if we arrived at the same time.....together."

Together?

Right.

I swallowed hard.

A golfball-sized lump of tension stayed lodged in my throat the entire way to the movie premier. Unable to hide my discomfort, I drum my fingers impatiently against my thigh.

 I couldn't wait to get out of this car! 

I'm a complete wreck because I can't stop my thoughts from revolving around Anna. It's not Ji-nah's fault but this makes her intimate presence here all the more annoying. I didn't want to see or speak to anyone else right now. 

I miss her so much, if she were by my side now, everything would be okay. This would be one of the best day's of my life, as it should be. My dream of becoming a serious actor is finally coming true and I know just how much Anna wanted this for me. She used to be my number one supporter, my biggest fan, my muse, my inspiration, my coach and my cheerleader.....