The Sorting Hat Part 1

3rd person

Hagrid knocked on the door three times. The door swung open revealing A tall black haired rich (at this point it was more gray than black) with Ivy colored robes. She looked like she was practically glaring at the student's. Her eyes softened just a tint when they landed on Aaliyah's aquamarine (turquoise) ones. Better not get on her bad side Aaliyah thought. " The firs year's professor Mcgonagall." Hagrid said. " Thank you Hagrid I will take them from here." She responded. She pulled the rest of the tall oak door open. The Wall's were made of stone and were lit with flaming torches.The ceiling was so high you could barely see it. Aaliyah's favorite part of it was definitely the huge marble staircase, all she could think about was sliding down the railing like they do in muggle movies. Professor Mcgonagall walked pretty fast it was hard for the twelve year old's to keep up with her. There were voices behind the door to their right. Professor Mcgonagall took the students to a small chamber.They crowded together inside it, Too close Aaliyah thought. Professor Mcgonagall said a very long speech that Aaliyah tuned out. Professor Mcgonagall disappeared.

Aaliyah's P.O.V

I looked around, everyone seemed scared out of their wits. Shit what did she say? The girl with brown hair started whispering spells she knew. Do we have to do magic? I'm not that good at that, just mainly potions.I suddenly heard a bunch of screams, I turned around and just saw ghosts. Wait a second. THEY CAN SEE THEM TOO! These must be ghosts that have moved on and they are happiest here at Hogwarts.

Flashback

I looked up and saw Mrs Dawson.I was only 5 at the time.Mrs Dawson was our neighbor.She looked very weird, she was a misty grey and see-through. I looked outside to see police car's and something covered in a white sheet. "Is there anything I can help you with Mrs.Dawson?" I asked. " Yes, can you take my cat to an animal shelter?" "Of course." I snuck out of the house and broke into her's. I picked up Cookie her cat. And walked to the nearest animal shelter, I was used to walking long lengths so this was not a big deal. I dropped off Cookie and went home. " Thank you." She said and turned into a white butterfly and flew towards the sun.That was the day she became famous in the ghost world, and in her school, ghost's had great respect for her, she was known as the crosser, however in her school she was known as ghost girl and everyone thought she was weird except for Hermione.

End

I was interrupted by Professor Mcgonagall leading us to the door where I heard the voices. The hall gilmored it was spectacular. If heaven was a school it would be Hogwarts. It looked like there was no ceiling but Luna told me it was bewitched. Professor Mcgonagall put down a stool with a pointed wizard's hat, it was all beat up. It looked like it got into a hat fight (sorry had to UwU)

I can only post one chapter today sorry but I figured one is better than nothing write

538 words