𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐒𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

Ben didn't ask Willow what was happening the entire journey to the nearest hospital

Ben didn't ask Willow what was happening the entire journey to the nearest hospital. He figured that he would find out when he got there and he could probably have a guess as to what had happened. Ben could see that Willow was already distraught and he really didn't need to add to that so, he kept his mouth shut.

Willow was anxious. She had no idea what to expect when she got to the hospital. She had no idea how bad the injuries her parents sustained were. Could she expect them to be dead? would they be alive? Would they be in a coma? She simply didn't know and that bothered her. A lot.

The moment that the car had stopped moving, Willow had jumped out of the vehicle and ran towards the front entrance of the hospital. Ben was glad that he was an athlete so that he could catch up with his girlfriend pretty easily.

Willow ran through the automatic doors and spotted the reception desk. She didn't care about the line of people that were already there. She was hysteric and just needed to know where her parents were.

In any normal situation, the people in line would have had something to say about anyone pushing their way to the front but not today. They could see the state that the young girl was in and decided to just let it slide this once.

"Where are my parents? Their names are Donna and Vincent Hargreaves. They were in a car crash-" Willow started to ramble, the tears beginning to slip down her face. She was interrupted by the kind receptionist giving her directions to where she could find her parents.

Ben Chilwell followed closely behind his girlfriend. Willow was on a mission and he didn't want to get in the way of it, especially not when it was so important.

Willow burst through the doors of the corridor where she would find her parents. One of the doctors noticed the young girl.

"Excuse me, are you Willow Hargreaves?" The doctor questioned and Willow nodded her head immediately. She wasn't going to waste more precious time, not when her parents needed her.

The doctor lead the young girl through a few corridors before they stopped in front of a cubicle in the emergency department. He pulled back the curtain of the cubicle to reveal a scratched and bruised up Vincent Hargreaves standing over a bed bound and struggling Donna Hargreaves.

The mother of one had various tubes stuck inside her with an oxygen mask over her face to help her to breathe. Willow was able to see the bruises that had started to form on her mother's face already and it made her wonder about how bad the accident was. The tears started to prick at Willow's eyes and she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep it together.

"What happened?" The brunette girl's voice was barely above a whisper, Willow not being able to trust her voice properly for fear of it breaking and the waterworks ending up in full flow. Her mother needed her to be strong at the moment and crying would not be helping.

"There was an oil slick on the road that your mother didn't see. She lost control of the car and we collided with a tree." Vincent informed his daughter with a hoarse voice. He had obviously been crying about the state of his wife and that's what really broke Willow. She had never seen a love like the one that her parents had and it killed her to think that it might have to end sooner than she first initially thought.

"The tree collided with your mother's side of the car and she has a few cracked ribs and a concussion. We're waiting to get her up to theatre though since her ribs are applying pressure to her lungs and making it difficult for her to breathe," the doctor started to check Donna's file just to make sure that there wasn't anything that he had missed and when he was happy with what he saw, he started to make his way out of the cubicle.

"I'll be back to check on her in a bit." he smiled at the family before leaving them in privacy.

Ben walked up behind Willow and rested his chin on her shoulder. He wanted her to know that he was still there if she needed him but he also wanted her to know that if she needed her space, he would respect that too. Donna was very much still alive but it was still a difficult time for the family and Ben understood that perfectly.

Willow grabbed a hold of Ben's hand, needing to feel his touch for comfort and walked to the side of her mother's hospital bed. Willow had always had a good relationship with her parents despite everything that had happened over the past few months. She loved both her mother and her father and nothing would be able to change that.

"Willow," Donna's hoarse voice tore the brunette girl from her thoughts and so she turned to look at her mother with tears in her eyes.

"Marry Ben if that's what you both want. You're in love and we shouldn't take that away from you." Donna squeezed the hand that wasn't occupied by ben's and smiled at her daughter.

Willow couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had her parents blessing to marry the guy that she wanted. It was a dream come true but before Willow had the chance to thank her mother, the same doctor from before came into the cubicle and started to wheel the bed away.

"I love you, sweetie. I'll see you later." those were the last words that Donna Hargreaves spoke before being wheeled away with Vincent at her side.

Willow smiled at what her mother had said but little did she know that Donna wouldn't see Willow later.

a/n: dun dun dun! We're getting close to the end of this book and I'm kind of happy about it. This book is in desperate need of some editing but the thought of editing makes me shudder. I hate it so much.

Who watched the Champion's League tonight?! We watched the PSG v Bayern game. I wanted Bayern to progress but I can't complain about seeing Pochettino happy 🥺

Who do you think will win the UCL?
- PSG have a great chance now that Bayern are out. They'll be so full of confidence but Real Madrid are looking strong and I can never rule out Man City.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Lots of love, e x